Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cell Service

Default Re: Cell Service

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    It's not True for Me. So if you are not willing to admit you might be mistaken then perhaps you are a ....(Have it your way then)
    He's not mistaken. It didn't work for him. Your pushing of certain words is what started this argument.
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

At what point does one cross the line from trying to make a point to lying? If I say something you disagree with that does not make me a liar, it means we have a difference of opinion. Now should you prove me 100% in error and I continue, I am a liar. The term along with the cell situation is subjective and as such will never have a definitive end.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    At what point does one cross the line from trying to make a point to lying? If I say something you disagree with that does not make me a liar, it means we have a difference of opinion. Now should you prove me 100% in error and I continue, I am a liar. The term along with the cell situation is subjective and as such will never have a definitive end.
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    I am almost certain he has seen the error of his ways, but much like any internet arguer will bury himself with his own shovel to avoid admitting that.
    You know you need to consider your position when the Berian, Anapeg, and myself even agree...
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Some years back, in Wawa, Chapleau and Manitouwadge I had NO cell service. That would be true.

It was true that there was no service? Or was there just NO Service from your provider?
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

Lot's of people around here need to be more careful how they state things.

I've seen many posters on here use the word FACT and then provide no proof to substantiate it.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

It was true that there was no service? Or was there just NO Service from your provider?
    If you read carefully, you'll notice the word "I". The implications should be clear.
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

It's not True for Me. So if you are not willing to admit you might be mistaken then perhaps you are a....(Have it your way then)
    You are beginning to piss me off! I am not mistaken. How the hell do you know what my cell service is like? I am not going to admit I am mistaken. Who made you the authority?

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    You are beginning to piss me off! I am not mistaken. How the hell do you know what my cell service is like? I am not going to admit I am mistaken. Who made you the authority?
    or what your experience has been in the past...
    Like I said, he has likely seen the erroneous statement he made but is refusing to admit to it.
    Maybe he fears being considered a liar... or an apple since words have different meanings it seems to be an indication that we can just use random words and assign random meanings to those words.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

At hunt camp we cant get cell service and we're 2 mile from the tower. Some spots on St.Joe are dead even the fire trucks can't get radio service. Something in the ground????

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information