Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother nature's preference?

Default Mother nature's preference?

So as not to derail a thread in the religion section, the following claim was made by none other than The Berean:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Mother Nature dislike gays too.
    I am interested how one can come to this conclusion.
    This claim borders on hate speech, but more importantly is a guise used by religious people to say "It's okay to express disapproval about one's sexuality, after all it's not me, but some unknown entity that we can neither argue, nor discuss with that holds these views. I'm just the innocent messenger."

How does a faceless, nameless, bodyless force like or dislike someone or something?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

You reach an interesting conclusion from very few facts.

I assume you recognize a metaphor?? The term "Mother Nature" is such a literary term. Furthermore, It was used instead of any reference to a deity.

The phrase simply means that the natural phenomenon known as survival of the fittest applies to those who do not or cannot reproduce.

If you consider a perfectly logical, non-religious statement to be hate speech, then I apologize.
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

You reach an interesting conclusion from very few facts.

I assume you recognize a metaphor?? The term "Mother Nature" is such a literary term. Furthermore, It was used instead of any reference to a deity.

The phrase simply means that the natural phenomenon known as survival of the fittest applies to those who do not or cannot reproduce.

If you consider a perfectly logical, non-religious statement to be hate speech, then I apologize.
    I said it borders on hate speech, there is a difference. Now care to clarifying how you came to this conclusion rather than trying to back peddle your way out of it?
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    I said it borders on hate speech, there is a difference. Now care to clarifying how you came to this conclusion rather than trying to back peddle your way out of it?
    Back pedal?? Why??

Homosexuals don't typically pass on their genes to their children. That's all.

Back pedal?? Why??

Homosexuals don't typically pass on their genes to their children. That's all.
    Moving the goal posts.
    Survival of the fittest is about more than just passing your genes on.

Passing one's genes is about evolution, to pass on your survivability to future generations, survival of the fittest becomes irrelevant when one dies.

So please, explain how it is that nature as a whole does not like the gays.
    - Mark Twain

Berean's comment was an embarrassment to most people, please do not, in any way, associate us with him
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Berean's comment was an embarrassment to most people, please do not, in any way, associate us with him
    Now THAT is funny!!!

I'm afraid you have to lie in the bed you made, friend
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

Moving the goal posts.
    Survival of the fittest is about more than just passing your genes on.

Passing one's genes is about evolution, to pass on your survivability to future generations, survival of the fittest becomes irrelevant when one dies.

So please, explain how it is that nature as a whole does not like the gays.
    Sorry, you seem to be the one moving the goalposts. Survival of the fittest is indeed about passing on the best genes, those most likely to enable the species to continue to thrive and "evolve" and become stronger.

The intelligence and physical abilities of one who does not reproduce are lost to the species.

I'm afraid you have to lie in the bed you made, friend
    Not a problem.

I have a son. He inherited the musical and vocal abilities of me, my parents, and those of his mother, and her parents, and on back through the generations..

He will pass his genes on to his children, and all those he and they come into contact with will benefit from those abilities, on into future generations.

When people have offspring, this is the normal state of affairs. When they do not, those abilities and gifts are lost to human kind. If there are any positive aspects to the genetic structure of a human being, those are not retained in the species if the person does not reproduce.

If you think about it in a perfectly logical sense, Mother Nature adores gay people.

Think about it. Gay people have little chance of reproducing, which goes completely against Darwin's Theory of Evolution. According to Darwin, homosexuality should have been extinct long ago. But yet, in every generation of humans, there is a stable percentage of gay people born. Natural Selection does not support such a truth, gay people have little hope of passing down their genes, so there should be no continuity or consistency with homosexuality among humans. Yet, they are still with us.

The only conclusion I can draw is that Mother Nature adores diversity. If someone has a better explanation for why gay people persevere in defiance of Evolution, I'm all ears.

(of course, Buddhists have a very plausible explanation for homosexuality, but I'll keep that on reserve).
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    If you think about it in a perfectly logical sense, Mother Nature adores gay people.

Think about it. Gay people have little chance of reproducing, which goes completely against Darwin's Theory of Evolution. According to Darwin, homosexuality should have been extinct long ago. But yet, in every generation of humans, there is a stable percentage of gay people born. Natural Selection does not support such a truth, gay people have little hope of passing down their genes, so there should be no continuity or consistency with homosexuality among humans. Yet, they are still with us.

The only conclusion I can draw is that Mother Nature adores diversity. If someone has a better explanation for why gay people persevere in defiance of Evolution, I'm all ears.

(of course, Buddhists have a very plausible explanation for homosexuality, but I'll keep that on reserve).
    "But yet, in every generation of humans, there is a stable percentage of gay people born."

Can never prove that has been the case.

Why they are still appearing is another subject.

"Can never prove that has been the case."

A huge volume of scientific research into the subject tends to disagree with you.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

Ancient Greece, ancient Rome, ancient Egypt.... homosexuality was widespread and common. Nothing has changed, except society's efforts to control or punish them.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that every generation since ancient Egypt has produced a stable population of gay people. All the persecution in the world does nothing to stop it. Even in countries that hand out the death penalty for homosexuals, they still exist.

So, Christianity has been around for roughly 2000 years. Gay people are still among us. Obviously, Christianity is not a 'cure' for homosexuality, so maybe it's time to spend a little more energy on understanding, and less on judgment? Just an idea.

Ancient Greece, ancient Rome, ancient Egypt.... homosexuality was widespread and common. Nothing has changed, except society's efforts to control or punish them.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that every generation since ancient Egypt has produced a stable population of gay people. All the persecution in the world does nothing to stop it. Even in countries that hand out the death penalty for homosexuals, they still exist.

So, Christianity has been around for roughly 2000 years. Gay people are still among us. Obviously, Christianity is not a 'cure' for homosexuality, so maybe it's time to spend a little more energy on understanding, and less on judgment? Just an idea.
    i agree with all of this, but it has little to do with the original premise. Gays don't reproduce.

"Can never prove that has been the case."

A huge volume of scientific research into the subject tends to disagree with you.
    I'll have fun with this on some other topic!!!

It is a shame that there are so few wise Christians. You and few others are exceptions to my general opinion of religion. It's a shame, but opinions do tend to be based off of the majority.
    - Mark Twain

Sorry, you seem to be the one moving the goalposts. Survival of the fittest is indeed about passing on the best genes, those most likely to enable the species to continue to thrive and "evolve" and become stronger.

The intelligence and physical abilities of one who does not reproduce are lost to the species.

Look at the original post.
    Now look at this comment.
    Then back at the original post.
    Now back to this post.
    Sadly, this post is unrelated to the original post,
    but if you stopped moving the goalposts every time you got called on your B.S you may be able to expand your thinking.
    - Mark Twain

Look at the original post.
    Now look at this comment.
    Then back at the original post.
    Now back to this post.
    Sadly, this post is unrelated to the original post,
    but if you stopped moving the goalposts every time you got called on your B.S you may be able to expand your thinking.
    I also clarified, without IMO, moving the goalposts, "The phrase simply means that the natural phenomenon known as survival of the fittest applies to those who do not or cannot reproduce."

You can CALL BS every time somebody disagrees with you, that's up to you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information