Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 123

Thread: Mother nature's preference?

  1. #61
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    That's right; I'm stupid, because I can't read the same book, with the same level of equality as you, because I'm not a 'believer'.

    Doesn't it get old, falling back to that same old tired cliche over and over again?

    I don't know what I'm talking about, because I'm just a heathen. But Christianity is not a basis for bigotry, right?
    you're using inflammatory language to get your point across, all in an attempt to discredit what Berean said. But he said none of those things, but only pointed out you lack some very basic knowledge of that which you are talking about.

    It's like you trying to talk about the scientific wonders of birth, and someone asking what is so scientific about a stork delivering a baby to a house, other than perhaps the mechanics of flight.

    It is okay to point out when they other side is making basic errors. How could the argument continue if not?
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    That's right; I'm stupid, because I can't read the same book, with the same level of equality as you, because I'm not a 'believer'.

    Doesn't it get old, falling back to that same old tired cliche over and over again?

    I don't know what I'm talking about, because I'm just a heathen. But Christianity is not a basis for bigotry, right?
    Not the problem. You tell us what it says, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT SAYS!!!!
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    You have no idea what my level of knowledge in this area is.

    You are pre-judging everything I say, because I claim to be a non-Christian.

    Either admit it, or don't - it doesn't tilt my canoe, either way. It's your hang-up, not mine.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    You have no idea what my level of knowledge in this area is.

    Some type of judgment can be made, based on what you post here. And, sorry, but it's not even rudimentary in some cases.

    You are pre-judging everything I say, because I claim to be a non-Christian.

    Nope, that's just a defense mechanism of your's kicking in
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Wasn't talking to you.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    Wasn't talking to you.
    Doesn't matter, he's right. When you say something like, "..women are basically chattel and the man is in charge", you show you know little of the bible, and less about how Christ treated women.

    Judging?? Sure. So read. I'll even tell where the bible TELLS you to judge and how!!
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  7. #67
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    I didn't say a "segment", I meant it is not an option for all of humanity to adopt homosexuality as an answer.
    Nowhere has anyone suggested that homosexuality ought to be adopted by everyone. Anyone that does suggest as much belongs in the same category as Barry belongs as he presents Christians.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Nowhere has anyone suggested that homosexuality ought to be adopted by everyone. Anyone that does suggest as much belongs in the same category as Barry belongs as he presents Christians.
    What I'm pointing out is the disordered nature of homosexuality. If mankind adopted it, we'd die off. Just that fact alone shows it goes against the laws of an ordered universe.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  9. #69
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    What I'm pointing out is the disordered nature of homosexuality. If mankind adopted it, we'd die off. Just that fact alone shows it goes against the laws of an ordered universe.
    You are implying a false dichotomy, That homosexuality exists as an all or none phenomenon.
    Can you accept that homosexuality as it stands (I believe the numbers are around 5% of the pop'n) is not harmful to the human race?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  10. #70
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    You are implying a false dichotomy, That homosexuality exists as an all or none phenomenon.

    No I am not. I said I was using it in the context of keeping the species alive. Homosexuality cannot do that. That, i'm afraid, shows it is disordered.

    Can you accept that homosexuality as it stands (I believe the numbers are around 5% of the pop'n) is not harmful to the human race?

    It's more like 2%, and that's probably high; but you are moving the goalposts. the question is not if it is harmful, but if it can provide the most basic of functions: keep the species alive. It cannot.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  11. #71
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    You are implying a false dichotomy, That homosexuality exists as an all or none phenomenon.

    No I am not. I said I was using it in the context of keeping the species alive. Homosexuality cannot do that. That, i'm afraid, shows it is disordered.

    Can you accept that homosexuality as it stands (I believe the numbers are around 5% of the pop'n) is not harmful to the human race?

    It's more like 2%, and that's probably high; but you are moving the goalposts. the question is not if it is harmful, but if it can provide the most basic of functions: keep the species alive. It cannot.

    Homosexuality must provide some generational benefits, otherwise it would have wiped itself out long ago. Until it can be explained how Darwinism has not wiped out homosexuality we cannot empirically state homosexuality is disordered, unless you can confidently show how Darwinism is flawed.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  12. #72
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Homosexuality must provide some generational benefits, otherwise it would have wiped itself out long ago

    Homosexuality exists in spite of itself. It is totally reliant on heterosexuals, or at the least a heterosexual act (sperm fertilizing egg)

    Until it can be explained how Darwinism has not wiped out homosexuality we cannot empirically state homosexuality is disordered, unless you can confidently show how Darwinism is flawed

    Darwinism doesn't have to be flawed to prove that homosexuality is anti-nature. Homosexuals have to rely on heterosexual relations to survive, they cannot survive if the only sex they engage in is homosexual sex. If anything, this proves Darwinism in this case: one group (homosexuals) cannot survive left to their own sexual predilections,they must rely on another - heterosexuals. In Darwinian terms, the weak-homosexuals ( "weak" in this instance only meaning they cannot propagate) rely on another to survive (thus the stronger) - heterosexuals
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  13. #73
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Homosexuality must provide some generational benefits, otherwise it would have wiped itself out long ago

    Homosexuality exists in spite of itself. It is totally reliant on heterosexuals, or at the least a heterosexual act (sperm fertilizing egg)

    Until it can be explained how Darwinism has not wiped out homosexuality we cannot empirically state homosexuality is disordered, unless you can confidently show how Darwinism is flawed

    Darwinism doesn't have to be flawed to prove that homosexuality is anti-nature. Homosexuals have to rely on heterosexual relations to survive, they cannot survive if the only sex they engage in is homosexual sex. If anything, this proves Darwinism in this case: one group (homosexuals) cannot survive left to their own sexual predilections,they must rely on another - heterosexuals. In Darwinian terms, the weak-homosexuals ( "weak" in this instance only meaning they cannot propagate) rely on another to survive (thus the stronger) - heterosexuals
    So if only heterosexuals produce homosexuals, why have they not been wiped out? This is what Darwinism stands to show.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    So if only heterosexuals produce homosexuals, why have they not been wiped out? This is what Darwinism stands to show.
    Goes to my theory that homosexuals are made.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  15. #75
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Goes to my theory that homosexuals are made.
    Interesting theory, I'd like to hear more.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  16. #76
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    So if only heterosexuals produce homosexuals, why have they not been wiped out? This is what Darwinism stands to show.
    Because some people choose to be homosexual. That doesn't negate anything I've said.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  17. #77
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Because some people choose to be homosexual. That doesn't negate anything I've said.
    Some people may wonder how does one go about "choosing" what they are sexually attracted to?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  18. #78
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Some people may wonder how does one go about "choosing" what they are sexually attracted to?
    I find it rather easy.

    I choose to be attracted to Sofia Vergara. A goat, not so much.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  19. #79
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    I find it rather easy.

    I choose to be attracted to Sofia Vergara. A goat, not so much.
    But COULD you choose to be sexually attracted to a goat? or another man?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  20. #80
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    But COULD you choose to be sexually attracted to a goat? or another man?
    I would imagine. It's what we desire, and we control our desires, to an extent.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts