Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Mother nature's preference?

Default Re: Mother nature's preference?

Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    That's right; I'm stupid, because I can't read the same book, with the same level of equality as you, because I'm not a 'believer'.

Doesn't it get old, falling back to that same old tired cliche over and over again?

I don't know what I'm talking about, because I'm just a heathen. But Christianity is not a basis for bigotry, right?
    you're using inflammatory language to get your point across, all in an attempt to discredit what Berean said. But he said none of those things, but only pointed out you lack some very basic knowledge of that which you are talking about.

It's like you trying to talk about the scientific wonders of birth, and someone asking what is so scientific about a stork delivering a baby to a house, other than perhaps the mechanics of flight.

It is okay to point out when they other side is making basic errors. How could the argument continue if not?
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

That's right; I'm stupid, because I can't read the same book, with the same level of equality as you, because I'm not a 'believer'.

Doesn't it get old, falling back to that same old tired cliche over and over again?

I don't know what I'm talking about, because I'm just a heathen. But Christianity is not a basis for bigotry, right?
    Not the problem. You tell us what it says, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT SAYS!!!!
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

You have no idea what my level of knowledge in this area is.

You are pre-judging everything I say, because I claim to be a non-Christian.

Either admit it, or don't - it doesn't tilt my canoe, either way. It's your hang-up, not mine.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

You have no idea what my level of knowledge in this area is.

Some type of judgment can be made, based on what you post here. And, sorry, but it's not even rudimentary in some cases.

You are pre-judging everything I say, because I claim to be a non-Christian.

Nope, that's just a defense mechanism of your's kicking in

Wasn't talking to you.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

Wasn't talking to you.
    Doesn't matter, he's right. When you say something like, "..women are basically chattel and the man is in charge", you show you know little of the bible, and less about how Christ treated women.

Judging?? Sure. So read. I'll even tell where the bible TELLS you to judge and how!!
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    I didn't say a "segment", I meant it is not an option for all of humanity to adopt homosexuality as an answer.
    Nowhere has anyone suggested that homosexuality ought to be adopted by everyone. Anyone that does suggest as much belongs in the same category as Barry belongs as he presents Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Nowhere has anyone suggested that homosexuality ought to be adopted by everyone. Anyone that does suggest as much belongs in the same category as Barry belongs as he presents Christians.
    What I'm pointing out is the disordered nature of homosexuality. If mankind adopted it, we'd die off. Just that fact alone shows it goes against the laws of an ordered universe.

What I'm pointing out is the disordered nature of homosexuality. If mankind adopted it, we'd die off. Just that fact alone shows it goes against the laws of an ordered universe.
    You are implying a false dichotomy, That homosexuality exists as an all or none phenomenon.
    Can you accept that homosexuality as it stands (I believe the numbers are around 5% of the pop'n) is not harmful to the human race?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

You are implying a false dichotomy, That homosexuality exists as an all or none phenomenon.

No I am not. I said I was using it in the context of keeping the species alive. Homosexuality cannot do that. That, i'm afraid, shows it is disordered.

Can you accept that homosexuality as it stands (I believe the numbers are around 5% of the pop'n) is not harmful to the human race?

It's more like 2%, and that's probably high; but you are moving the goalposts. the question is not if it is harmful, but if it can provide the most basic of functions: keep the species alive. It cannot.

No I am not. I said I was using it in the context of keeping the species alive. Homosexuality cannot do that. That, i'm afraid, shows it is disordered.

It's more like 2%, and that's probably high; but you are moving the goalposts. the question is not if it is harmful, but if it can provide the most basic of functions: keep the species alive. It cannot.

Homosexuality must provide some generational benefits, otherwise it would have wiped itself out long ago. Until it can be explained how Darwinism has not wiped out homosexuality we cannot empirically state homosexuality is disordered, unless you can confidently show how Darwinism is flawed.
    - Mark Twain

Homosexuality must provide some generational benefits, otherwise it would have wiped itself out long ago

Homosexuality exists in spite of itself. It is totally reliant on heterosexuals, or at the least a heterosexual act (sperm fertilizing egg)

Until it can be explained how Darwinism has not wiped out homosexuality we cannot empirically state homosexuality is disordered, unless you can confidently show how Darwinism is flawed

Darwinism doesn't have to be flawed to prove that homosexuality is anti-nature. Homosexuals have to rely on heterosexual relations to survive, they cannot survive if the only sex they engage in is homosexual sex. If anything, this proves Darwinism in this case: one group (homosexuals) cannot survive left to their own sexual predilections,they must rely on another - heterosexuals. In Darwinian terms, the weak-homosexuals ( "weak" in this instance only meaning they cannot propagate) rely on another to survive (thus the stronger) - heterosexuals

Homosexuality must provide some generational benefits, otherwise it would have wiped itself out long ago

Homosexuality exists in spite of itself. It is totally reliant on heterosexuals, or at the least a heterosexual act (sperm fertilizing egg)

Until it can be explained how Darwinism has not wiped out homosexuality we cannot empirically state homosexuality is disordered, unless you can confidently show how Darwinism is flawed

Darwinism doesn't have to be flawed to prove that homosexuality is anti-nature. Homosexuals have to rely on heterosexual relations to survive, they cannot survive if the only sex they engage in is homosexual sex. If anything, this proves Darwinism in this case: one group (homosexuals) cannot survive left to their own sexual predilections,they must rely on another - heterosexuals. In Darwinian terms, the weak-homosexuals ( "weak" in this instance only meaning they cannot propagate) rely on another to survive (thus the stronger) - heterosexuals
    So if only heterosexuals produce homosexuals, why have they not been wiped out? This is what Darwinism stands to show.
    - Mark Twain

So if only heterosexuals produce homosexuals, why have they not been wiped out? This is what Darwinism stands to show.
    Goes to my theory that homosexuals are made.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Goes to my theory that homosexuals are made.
    Interesting theory, I'd like to hear more.
    - Mark Twain

Because some people choose to be homosexual. That doesn't negate anything I've said.

Because some people choose to be homosexual. That doesn't negate anything I've said.
    Some people may wonder how does one go about "choosing" what they are sexually attracted to?
    - Mark Twain

Some people may wonder how does one go about "choosing" what they are sexually attracted to?
    I find it rather easy.

I choose to be attracted to Sofia Vergara. A goat, not so much.

I find it rather easy.

I choose to be attracted to Sofia Vergara. A goat, not so much.
    But COULD you choose to be sexually attracted to a goat? or another man?
    - Mark Twain

But COULD you choose to be sexually attracted to a goat? or another man?
    I would imagine. It's what we desire, and we control our desires, to an extent.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information