Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: What a shame

  1. #41

    Default Re: What a shame

    Is there an echo in the building?
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Igor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    783

    Default Re: What a shame

    Don't presume to know what I am thinking. I say the USA is a great country and still you gripe. You, Sir Aristotle, have a good day!

  3. #43
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Official Cat of Soonet View Post
    Is there an echo in the building?
    Is there an echo in the building?
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    Don't presume to know what I am thinking. I say the USA is a great country and still you gripe. You, Sir Aristotle, have a good day!
    I can only have a good day if I know YOU are having one as well, so, please kind sir, have a GREAT day!!
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,625

    Default Re: What a shame

    I think both factions spoil for an argument. Hypersensitivity runneth amok, methinks.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  6. #46
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    I think both factions spoil for an argument. Hypersensitivity runneth amok, methinks.
    If I would have started a similar thread, and put the "in such a great country" comment in there regarding Canada, this place would have exploded. I would have been given an infraction or banned. The comment was totally unrelated to the story, and was used only for antagonistic purposes.

    Funny how some here can see it in my every post, but look right past it when it is from someone else.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,625

    Default Re: What a shame

    To be honest I did skim and failed to pick up on that as you did. Conversely you are after all attuned to and predisposed to sensitivity in this vain. It has fast become a tit for tat exchange all the while trying to remain below the "radar". It colours virtually every thread and is distracting. While all would agree kissing and making up is beyond our ken, perhaps a fresh start and an acknowledgment that this needs cease would be in order? Defending one's country is nature, but arguing on the internet is senseless and fills one with a feeling of impotence at an inability to land a killing blow.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  8. #48
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Defending one's country is nature, but arguing on the internet is senseless and fills one with a feeling of impotence at an inability to land a killing blow.
    Do you NOT see the trail of corpses in my wake????
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,625

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Do you NOT see the trail of corpses in my wake????
    These eyes, are cryin, these eyes have seen a lot of........................
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  10. #50
    Senior Member Igor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    783

    Default Re: What a shame

    Take it however you want! Even if this thread was started with the intent you say, then why did you, Aristotle have to post the following link?


    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-...a/278168736218

    You are the most guilty of all for causing the Canada vs USA problem. You don't like it when it is not in your favour. You stirred the muck, go play in it. Now go report this to Barry as you have done several times to others. I have big shoulders!

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: What a shame

    Someone is going to get annoyed!!
    Last edited by Barry Morris; 05-17-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

  12. #52
    Senior Member gouligann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Do you NOT see the trail of corpses in my wake????
    Annapeg tried to make a truce with all your nonsense, and still you carry on like a 10 year old, or a puppy (read that as an immature puppy), shaking things up and not letting things go.

    He was very kind in saying that you taking pot shots at Canada/Canadians is distracting. A very mild and polite way of putting it. Are you capable of a fresh start or not? Probably not. It might be too boring for you...

    BTW, I am a "her", not a "him", not that it matters.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    Take it however you want! Even if this thread was started with the intent you say, then why did you, Aristotle have to post the following link?


    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-...a/278168736218

    You are the most guilty of all for causing the Canada vs USA problem. You don't like it when it is not in your favour. You stirred the muck, go play in it. Now go report this to Barry as you have done several times to others. I have big shoulders!
    Sorry, friend, you've been called out.

    You lose this one.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  14. #54
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
    Annapeg tried to make a truce with all your nonsense, and still you carry on like a 10 year old, or a puppy (read that as an immature puppy), shaking things up and not letting things go.

    He was very kind in saying that you taking pot shots at Canada/Canadians is distracting. A very mild and polite way of putting it. Are you capable of a fresh start or not? Probably not. It might be too boring for you...

    BTW, I am a "her", not a "him", not that it matters.
    Ignoring the fact you totally over-looked the US comment in the OP??

    It's okay, I forgive you
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  15. #55
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,907

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    used only for antagonistic purposes.
    A majority of your posts have just that intent. Why you would use that in your argument is questionable at best.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  16. #56
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,616

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    A majority of your posts have just that intent. Why you would use that in your argument is questionable at best.
    You just have emotional responses,and see most of them that way.

    I forgive you, too
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: What a shame

    Why when you are called out, do you have to bring someone else down with you? Rather childish wouldn't you think? Kids do that sort of thing! All that tattling you do is childish, too! Most of your posts are done to antagonize and you know it. When it's done back to you you go tattling to Daddy Morris! Don't get all upset just push that report button....you are good at that! I'm sure I'll be hearing from Daddy Morris!
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

  18. #58
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,625

    Default Re: What a shame

    Where is the time out corner when you need it?
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Where is the time out corner when you need it?
    I'll go find one!
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

  20. #60
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,800

    Default Re: What a shame

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Where is the time out corner when you need it?
    Now THAT is funny!!! Here ya go!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts