Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inconsiderate Neighbours?

Default Inconsiderate Neighbours?

I'm outside yesterday hanging clothes - good thing, too. Damn rain!
    My neighbours behind me are outside, too, building something or other.
    My kids (4 yrs and 10 mos) are outside with me.
    All I can hear from the yard behind me is the f word.
    Now, don't get me wrong, I am not one do those people who never swear (much to my mother's disappointment, I'm sure!) However, I try to pay attention to my surroundings. I don't swear in front of kids or other people's kids or a bunch when I'm in public because I KNOW people are offended by it.
    What really made me mad, though, was that these guys were talking to their mother with absolutely no respect. She's probably old enough to me by grandmother. I can't understand her because she is speaking Italian, so maybe she is swearing at them and saying the f word, too. I don't know. But I didn't like when I heard one of them yell at her, 'For f sakes, Ma. This many years and you still don't f'ing know!'
    By the end of the day, I figured this is just how they always talk to their mother and she seems okay with it, I guess.... Maybe?
    But... it bugs me. I'm sure they heard my kid outside. I could hear them. I know my kids will say bad words, but I do NOT want them thinking it is ever okay to talk to me, or anybody other than their friends, like that.
    I know that if I ever spoke to my mother like that and my stepdad heard, I'd probably get a 'love tap' right across the face. And my step-dad has never ever hit me. He's the most easy going guy I know, but that kind of disrespect would not be tolerated.
    I'm not the type of neighbour who would typically say anything, but seriously, when every second word is the f word.... It makes me mad!
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

Default Re: Inconsiderate Neighbours?

I think next time, I will just tell my kid that he is NOT allowed to say that really bad word.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiv View Post
    I think next time, I will just tell my kid that he is NOT allowed to say that really bad word.
    the word "neighbour"?
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

Neighbour? Neighbor!
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

Daiv, if you say something you can have neighbour wars. Your stepfather says, "Run a chainsaw every time they start swearing. Preferably not electric. Hold it high above your head and start towards their fence. Careful not to fall." And you are right about if you talk to your mother like that. A love tap with a whole lotta love behind it!
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

Haha. I'd fall. I'm that person.

There's not much you can do when it's not on your property. Turn your radio up high? That' might give them a hint, but I doubt it if they are as dumb as they sound.

Neighbour= English Canadian version
    Neighbor= English American version
    (like colour and color)

This thread is nothing more than a shameless plug for the lastest Zak Efron movie. I am not fooled.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information