Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Poor Angel- Home Now From Vet

Default My Poor Angel- Home Now From Vet

Ok so first of all I have no idea if im over reacting or not but all I care about right now is my Dog.
    Angel is a year and hlaf old Pomeranian who happened to push the baby gate down the other day and got into the cat litter...Its gross but she eats the crap.
    Yesterday she was super sick...Puking everywhere...This was a day after eating the litter and crap....The puke was a gross brownish color...So I gave her Pepto and put her to bed in her kennel
    Well today she is again dry heaving...wont eat...wont drink...very lethargic...wont come out from under the bed where she sleeps
    So I'm sitting here wondering if I should call the vet or not...Well I did and she does have an app. at 4:15
    The thing is am i worrying for no reason? Like i have no idea..I just hate seeing her act this way and she wont drink which scares me

I know before she has gotten into the litter box and got sick but not for this long...
    Am I right to bring her in? Like i just have no idea whats going on
    The vet says its a possibility shes blocked from the cat litter?

Default Re: My Poor Angel

Peanut if your worried, then your doing the right thing. You won't be comfortable until you've seen the vet and he/she reassures you that Angel is ok.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

I say bring her in!! If it is nothing, at least you'll know and if there is something wrong, the sooner you catch it the better right?? Good luck! =)

I think thats right...I think id rather be safe then sorry...I hate seeing her like this and to top it off I have the flu today...Its not a good day

shes sitting on my lap right now which she hardly ever does and shes just staring at me with these awful pathetic looking eyes
    Her stomach is making funny noises too

my first thought when I read it was maybe she's got some dry littler and as its worked it's way through it's clumped up...I always take my dog to the vet whenever I think there might be something wrong and if it's nothing great, but better to be safe than sorry...hope your baby is feeling better soon. Let us know

Sounds serious to me so I'm glad your taking her over.
    Keep us posted.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

Well I am home from the vet now...First let me just tell everyone how amazing Cindy McCrumb is from the the Sault Animal Hospital...Not only did she see Angel when they were booked full but she also treated me and her with sooo much love and compassion. I recommend them to everyone...truly Amazing Care and Service

As For Angel...Looks like she has some kind of virus...nothing serious she doesn't think. Cindy Gave her a needle for the vomiting. She had a little blood in her poop. Sent me home with Pills for vomiting and an Antibiotic. She also sent me home with 3 Large Cans of bland food.
    In total for the needle...the checkup...the 2 Bottles of pills and the 3 large cans of food I payed 49$ US...
    Again I cannot believe the care over there...Amazing...

yes, keep us posted. i was wondering if shes got something stuck inside her, and the vet should be able to feel her and know if there is a blockage. youll feel much better, and so will she! keep us posted.

After the needle Cindy gave her she just had a big drink of water and a mouthful of food...so Im happy

I'm glad to hear she's better peanut.

IM just glad I went with my instinct this time...Cindy said virus can get alot worse if not detected and treated quickly

The not drinking would have had me worried as well, thats a pretty good sign that they are not well. Dogs can go a few days without food, just like we can but not without water. They dehydrate very quickly so its always best to have her checked.

Awesome hopefully she's on her way to recovery. Sounded like the virus my cat had a month or so ago. Had me really freaked out. I also seen that vet on a emergency call on a Saturday and they were great. Cost a little more, but well worth it.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

I wouldn't care how much it was going to cost...I get paid tomorrow and I told them I cannot pay them till then and they were 100% ok with it...I would have payed whatever it cost ...So i have to go over there tomorrow to pay the bill

On the other hand I found out why she favors her left leg alot...always lifts it up and what not...doesn't bother her or seem sore but i found out her knee joint pops in and out...Cindy said she has probably had it since birth... It doesn't bother her so nothing right now needs to be done...if it gets worse she may need surgery to tighten it

good news!

I love them over there too. Have always gone to Cindy for all my Pet "issues". She's a very very helpful Lady!

Yay! I'm happy it isn't anything too serious. =)

Yes thank god it was nothing too serious
    Angel had a good night...slept beside me and only threw up twice (which is much better then the 10 times the day before)

This morning she had her food the vet gave her and she ate it all...
    She does seem a little bit more energetic so That makes me happy and make me feel better considering i have to go to work...

If anything I did learn trust you instinct when u think somethings not right... I hesitated to bring her to the vet but Now im glad i did

Getting warmed up...

maybe it had some thing to do with the pepto??? i dont no bout that

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information