Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 90

Thread: Canada Post

  1. #41
    Senior Member Upper Decker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,865

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Still takes a week to get expedited parcels from Toronto.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

  2. #42
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,801

    Default Re: Canada Post

    I've noticed a certain slowness myself.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Norma Lee View Post
    Where exactly did I say, "ANAPEG, DON'T CALL ME A BLATANT LIAR", I was asking a question about the sorting of our mail, and in doing so, didn't want ANYBODY else to accuse me of lying. In other words, I was NOT saying it IS sorted by postal code, I was ASKING IF it is sorted by postal code.

    I was kinda on your side....geez...who peed in your cornflakes this morning??
    Are all conversations you initiate circular or is this in fact a special occasion? Perhaps we require an interpreter? You answer, specifically a post in which I made no reference to you whatsoever, where you ask me to not call you a liar and I get chastised? Ought we start over or simply go on as though nothing happened?
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Are all conversations you initiate circular or is this in fact a special occasion? Perhaps we require an interpreter? You answer, specifically a post in which I made no reference to you whatsoever, where you ask me to not call you a liar and I get chastised? Ought we start over or simply go on as though nothing happened?
    Well, if I need to explain....I didn't ask YOU to not call me a liar. I asked NOBODY to call me a liar. It was in the reply to your post because it was regarding the sorting of the mail. C'mon...this should be obvious, no? If you've read the rest of the posts...you will see that someone accused me of being a blatant liar. Anyway...wow....
    Can we just say that you misinterpreted my post? I was genuinely sticking up for you (not you needed sticking up for....but hopefully you know what I mean. I mean I was on the same side of the argument/conversation as you.)

  5. #45

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Norma Lee View Post
    WHERE ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH DID I BLAME ANYONE FOR ANYTHING? I STATED THAT THEIR STAMPS COST OVER $1 (which in fact, they cost EXACTLY $1 plus tax).
    Bill Nash says, ... You are complaining you can't afford them, yet contiplate a new TV, .... economics 101, try it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norma Lee View Post
    YOU, good sir, (term used lightly), accused me of being a liar. I'm clarifying, and you accuse me of being stupid. I clarify again, and now I mis-manage my money.
    Ididn't say you mis-manage, I say it was poorly managed, ... slight difference. Never said you were stupid, .... that is something that gets people banned, so be careful when shift key sticks, admin won't buy that for long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norma Lee View Post
    I am a married mother of two. I stay home and RAISE my own kids while my husband works hard outside the home. There is no poor money management because there is not enough money to be poorly managed. We get by. We don't have a lot for extras. I'm NOT blaming anyone for that. It is a choice that WE made that we would rather our children be raised in the home rather than in an institution or another person's home. There, my cards are on the table.
    Bill Nash says, .... and this is relevant why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Norma Lee View Post
    Are there anymore ASSumptions you would like to make about my family? About me? And you know what? You can SHOVE your 'smoothed over' right where the sun don't shine. You've had nothing nice to say, so don't pretend you're the better person. I can play that game too.
    I hope you don't use this type of language around your kids. BTW, .... didn't say I was a better person, ... that is your assumption. Better people have tries to "play the game", .. nothing new you can add, but thanks for the compliment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norma Lee View Post
    I was just about to pm YOU to smooth things over after my last post, because let's all get along, but I'm not going to now after your last comment.
    ... and just when I thought we had a chance to be friends, .... I am dissappointed.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  6. #46
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Norma Lee, it would seem your dance card is full to overflowing so I will take your explanation and run with it. Do not be rough with Bill as he likes it that way, especially if you are wearing the knee high shiny plastic boots and a black lace bustier.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  7. #47
    Senior Member lynys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,591

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Still takes a week to get expedited parcels from Toronto.
    Fact.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

    "I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

    "I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

    "If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

  8. #48
    Senior Member Daiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Posts
    2,667

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
    Bill Nash says, ... You are complaining you can't afford them, yet contiplate a new TV, .... economics 101, try it.



    Ididn't say you mis-manage, I say it was poorly managed, ... slight difference. Never said you were stupid, .... that is something that gets people banned, so be careful when shift key sticks, admin won't buy that for long.


    Bill Nash says, .... and this is relevant why?



    I hope you don't use this type of language around your kids. BTW, .... didn't say I was a better person, ... that is your assumption. Better people have tries to "play the game", .. nothing new you can add, but thanks for the compliment.



    ... and just when I thought we had a chance to be friends, .... I am dissappointed.
    I'm disappointed that you can't spell disappointed right.
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

  9. #49
    Senior Member Daiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Posts
    2,667

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Let's all be a little less condescending, (or stop ASSUMING the other guy is condescending) and we'll all get along!!
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this - but it sounds to me like you think that Norma Lee is 'assuming' the other guy is being condescending.

    I had something else typed here - regarding what I really think of Bill Nash, but I erased it - I guess I can try to play nice, too.
    You can't tell me you didn't see how condescending he was being - and if you didn't, you have blinders on.
    Last edited by Daiv; 11-29-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: I'll try to play nice...
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

  10. #50
    Senior Member Daiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Posts
    2,667

    Default Re: Canada Post

    I think he's just upset that somebody is picking on his precious Canada Post - news for you, Bill Nash - you don't owe them anything just because you used to work there.
    A ****ty company is still a ****ty company - I used to work for NuComm and somewhere else - should I pretend they were great companies now?
    Pft.
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

  11. #51
    Senior Member Daiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Posts
    2,667

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
    It does NOW only if you are buying an individual stamp. In checking with my pals at Canada Post retail, virtually no one buys an individual stamp. Also, once the rate hike was announced (they can't raise the rate without notice), there was a run on stamps, especially the Permanent stamp. I guess you weren't using your noodle when that happened.
    I usually only buy one stamp because I usually only have one thing to mail.
    And if I don't buy one stamp, I buy two because the letter (or whatever) is bigger and needs two.
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

  12. #52
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,801

    Default Re: Canada Post

    I wish I had gotten the letter from Toronto that was supposedly mailed out last Tuesday.

    I remember years back a Russian couple here told me they got a letter from Siberia in 10 days, and were most impressed. I wonder if that's still possible.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Well I would like to know who would be responsible if the letter mailed, express post, guaranteed next day delivery, had not arrived late Monday afternoon? It was train tickets that were needed for the train on Tuesday. It was mailed at a post office in Winnipeg to Sault Ste. Marie. All the post office did was say to track it. It was mailed on Monday and it was still in Winnipeg on Thursday. On Saturday it was in Sudbury. Fifteen bucks to make sure it would arrive by at least Thursday.
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

  14. #54

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Daiv View Post
    I'm disappointed that you can't spell disappointed right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiv View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this - but it sounds to me like you think that Norma Lee is 'assuming' the other guy is being condescending.

    I had something else typed here - regarding what I really think of Bill Nash, but I erased it - I guess I can try to play nice, too.
    You can't tell me you didn't see how condescending he was being - and if you didn't, you have blinders on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daiv View Post
    I think he's just upset that somebody is picking on his precious Canada Post - news for you, Bill Nash - you don't owe them anything just because you used to work there.
    A ****ty company is still a ****ty company - I used to work for NuComm and somewhere else - should I pretend they were great companies now?
    Pft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiv View Post
    I usually only buy one stamp because I usually only have one thing to mail.
    And if I don't buy one stamp, I buy two because the letter (or whatever) is bigger and needs two.
    I am dispointed that you are diserpointed, .... Mmmmm,... somebody loves me,... or is obcessed, ....
    Last edited by mboy67; 11-29-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  15. #55

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Noyance View Post
    Well I would like to know who would be responsible if the letter mailed, express post, guaranteed next day delivery, had not arrived late Monday afternoon? It was train tickets that were needed for the train on Tuesday. It was mailed at a post office in Winnipeg to Sault Ste. Marie. All the post office did was say to track it. It was mailed on Monday and it was still in Winnipeg on Thursday. On Saturday it was in Sudbury. Fifteen bucks to make sure it would arrive by at least Thursday.
    Like I said, you should have taken your receipt to the post office and filed a claim for re-embursement. They don't give you your money back right away because they conduct an investigation first to screen out fraud. Once they assess they were at fault (which it sounds like they were) they will re-emburse you the money. Unfortunately, they won't re-emburse the cost of the tickets, regardless if they are made usless or not. The insurance that you can buy through Xpress Post only covers loss of material goods or damage. Tickets are considered documents, and wouldn't be covered if you had insurance.

    Literally thousands of Xpress Post letters are sucessfully delivered every day. There are always glitches, unfortunately, yours was one. Still as reliable as other services though, .... statistically.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
    Some regions do not guarantee the delivery standards, you should have been informed by the clerk when mailing if this was the case. If you mailed from a Retail Office (like the Market Mall for instance) they are not trained well enough to know all the delivery standards, so they wouldn't give you that info. If the delivery took as long as you stated, present you receipt at a Canada Post retail desk at the Post Office, and you will more than likely get a refund after they investigate the issue. That is how it works.
    Was mailed from a Winnipeg Post Office. My brother was told next day delivery. If they aren't trained well enough then don't say it's fifteen bucks for next day delivery.

    Market Mall is a Post Office so they should be trained properly. Besides, why use Market Mall as an example and SAY THEY ARE NOT TRAINED WELL ENOUGH. Do you know this for certain? Otherwise you are business bashing! The lady at Market Mall KNOWS what she is doing. If I was her, and read what you wrote, I would be very upset! Do you have proof with what you say?
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

  17. #57
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
    Once they assess they were at fault (which it sounds like they were) they will reimburse you the money. Unfortunately, they won't reimburse the cost of the tickets, regardless if they are made useless or not.
    Bill, Here in, I believe lays the crux of the problem. The promise of next day cost them the price of the tickets twice as well as the furor and flurry of calls back and forth distinguishing the problem. Had all things been equal and they been met with the tickets all would have been well. Add to this the indignation of perceived poor treatment at the hands of Canada Post and there you have it. The whole thing in a nutshell. I am not a go between rather a drop of cool water to clarify.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  18. #58

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Noyance View Post
    Was mailed from a Winnipeg Post Office. My brother was told next day delivery. If they aren't trained well enough then don't say it's fifteen bucks for next day delivery.

    Market Mall is a Post Office so they should be trained properly. Besides, why use Market Mall as an example and SAY THEY ARE NOT TRAINED WELL ENOUGH. Do you know this for certain? Otherwise you are business bashing! The lady at Market Mall KNOWS what she is doing. If I was her, and read what you wrote, I would be very upset! Do you have proof with what you say?
    I gave you an honest and professional answer to your query, I don't know what your problem is.

    I am not business bashing. The lady that runs the Market Mall postal outlet is a good person and does know a lot of info. Her brothers worked with me. That does not mean the staff is trained as fully as those with Canada Post. Canada Post invests a lot of money to ensure their employees are properly trained. When working in the retail division (where I worked), it means knowing the Postal Guide inside out. It means knowing ALL the product, the service they provide, and the nuances of delivery standards. It means knowing the scheduling of the local Post Office and linked Post Offices. It means Knowing how all of the services interact to provide the user with good service.

    This doesn't happen at the Retail Outlets like the Market Mall (ther are, of course, others in this city). It is through no fault of the owners of these outlets or the workers there.The workers can only relay what information they know. They owners will only train the workers with relevent information to necessitate the operation of the outlet. The purpose of the Postal Outlets is to provide a sales and pick-up point for the products of Canada Post. Some of them offer Postal Box service as well. When a business takes on a retail franchise, they train their employees to the specifications required by Canada Post. The need for specific training is often weighed against the probably use of the training. There is also the fact that when dealing with some services, if the service isn't used often the specifics may be forgotten by the employee. This even happens with regular Canada Post employees who might need to apply a service they only see once every month or two, .... this would translate to maybe every 4 or 5 months at a retail outlet.

    As with your specific problem, the retail outlets are trained quite well with the standards for Xpress Post. Until you are willing to let the Post Office investigate the matter, it is really a mut point.

    So to be more specific (since you seem to require that), The frequency and necessity for services dictate the quality of service you will get. Retail Outlets function as well as they are expected to function (even better if you want to weigh the comparible wages). When I mentioned the Market Mall, it was only as an example of retail outlets, and not the quality of service they provide. Retail Postal outlets (like any franchise) can vary greatly in their quality. All you have to do is look at all the complaining about pizzas, donut shops and burger joints on here to qualify that.

    So I try to give you some legitimate honest advice as an active member of SooNet, and your goal seems to not discuss the working of Canada Post, but to try to goad me into saying things I shouldn't or won't and get in hot water with the mods. Pretty shallow on your part, .... so really, who started this paricular war.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  19. #59
    Senior Member lynys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,591

    Default Re: Canada Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    I wish I had gotten the letter from Toronto that was supposedly mailed out last Tuesday.

    I remember years back a Russian couple here told me they got a letter from Siberia in 10 days, and were most impressed. I wonder if that's still possible.
    I've had packages arrive across the ocean in as little as five days. One went to Germany. I was totally shocked by that.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

    "I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

    "I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

    "If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

  20. #60
    IMHO
    Guest

    Default Re: Canada Post

    I am wondering how many folks are still sending out Christmas cards. Cards are expensive AND stamps are VERY EXPENSIVE. I have turned to BLUE MOUNTAIN and send CARDS via the internet. The cards are gorgeous and there is plenty of room to add personal notes.
    Last edited by IMHO; 11-29-2014 at 08:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts