Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: This Winter is Starting off Nasty!

Default Re: This Winter is Starting off Nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Bacon was the best at welcoming new members. He knew how to make everyone feel welcome...
    What a coincidence.......I really like bacon and enjoy it often.

I could start an undergraduate list, but it would be too long and doesn't hold any value. I want people to strive to make the "A" list, .... visit often, post often, and be nice. As to the last point, anyone nicer than myself will be considered a "nice" poster, so there is a lot of leaway there.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
    Can't do that, sense of humour yes, but not enough posts to pass the test. I will add Riggs and Huggy85 though, .... forgot about those guys.
    Thanks Bill. I've taken a long pause here while waiting for the place to regain some respectfulness amongst each other.

I think 3000 posts would be a good benchmark to shoot for. Cat is the anomaly to this, since he has about 50,000 posts under various feline names, .... which makes me wonder, ... why do we assume "Cat" is a he? Mmmmmmm, .....

I could start an undergraduate list, but it would be too long and doesn't hold any value. I want people to strive to make the "A" list, .... visit often, post often, and be nice. As to the last point, anyone nicer than myself will be considered a "nice" poster, so there is a lot of leaway there.

So wait... just to clarify - are you making a list of veteran's or a list of people YOU feel should be part of the 'A' list?
    I'm confused.
    I just want some clarity here.
    It sounds to me like your 'veteran' list is quickly becoming a 'popularity' list - based on your criteria.
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Is their gonnna be a riot and looting here soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiv View Post
    So wait... just to clarify - are you making a list of veteran's or a list of people YOU feel should be part of the 'A' list?
    I'm confused.
    I just want some clarity here.
    It sounds to me like your 'veteran' list is quickly becoming a 'popularity' list - based on your criteria.
    OK, .... so we will stay with the "veterans" concept just to avoid confusion. My original idea did comprise the "visit often, post often, and be nice" concept, so it hasn't changed into a popularity list. Hell, if that was the case, even I couldn't include myself on that list!

Also, this list is not "THE" list, it is my list, ... anyone can make one up. In no way to I want to be seen as representing SooNet, its moderators, or its members, .... it is just something I threw out there. Hope that clears things up.

I think 3000 posts would be a good benchmark to shoot for. Cat is the anomaly to this, since he has about 50,000 posts under various feline names, .... which makes me wonder, ... why do we assume "Cat" is a he? Mmmmmmm, .....
    Official cat of soonet, official soonet putty cat and chronic liar. We can do the math. I don't measure my awesomeness by quantity but by quality. I personally ensure all posts are well thought out and constructive. If we were to accurately measure my posts based on value then I'm at 44 trillion posts.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by The 6th Member Of AC/DC View Post
    Is their gonnna be a riot and looting here soon ?
    It has been a riot for some time, and there is really nothing to loot, except maybe some used cat litter, a crusty beard, and some old socks.

Can't do that, sense of humour yes, but not enough posts to pass the test. I will add Riggs and Huggy85 though, .... forgot about those guys.
    Relevant.

CLEAN UP YOUR OWN PUTRID BACKYARD BEFORE LECTURING OTHERS ABOUT THEIR BACKYARD!!!!!!!!(RWGR 2011)

That is only because there is squat to do in Dryden, ....
    Ah, Dryden, the Paris of the north west. The bright lights. With the opera season upon them they stroll out to the kybo amid the melodious sounds of the bull elk looking for a quicki. God I miss the place.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

I am more than willing to bury the hatchet with anyone I may have upset in the past and long as they admit they erred and promise to do their best to not let it occur, ever again. Then we can join arms, and while singing a rousing rendition of Kubya, walk placidly into the spinning propeller of a Cessna.
    Comedy aside, it would lower the temperature in here should an olive branch be offered, not to smack another but in and honest gesture of placation and with an effort to stop picking at scabs thereby letting them well and truly heal and move on. Never to mention the past again.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    I am more than willing to bury the hatchet with anyone I may have upset in the past and long as they admit they erred and promise to do their best to not let it occur, ever again. Then we can join arms, and while singing a rousing rendition of Kubya, walk placidly into the spinning propeller of a Cessna.
    Comedy aside, it would lower the temperature in here should an olive branch be offered, not to smack another but in and honest gesture of placation and with an effort to stop picking at scabs thereby letting them well and truly heal and move on. Never to mention the past again.
    ... and such is the reason for my offer, .... tis the season, ya know.

... and such is the reason for my offer, .... tis the season, ya know.
    Now we need hear from Daiv. Oh Daiv? Where art thou Daiv? I am starting to feel like Ronnie Ray gun, old.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Now we need hear from Daiv. Oh Daiv? Where art thou Daiv? I am starting to feel like Ronnie Ray gun, old.
    Who said it is just Daiv, LOL .... you can add about 5 others (at least) to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Official Cat of Soonet View Post
    Official cat of soonet, official soonet putty cat and chronic liar. We can do the math. I don't measure my awesomeness by quantity but by quality. I personally ensure all posts are well thought out and constructive. If we were to accurately measure my posts based on value then I'm at 44 trillion posts.
    You aren't owning up to all of your alias, otherwise 50 trillion would be on the low side, ....

Well, maybe if the olive branch included an actual apology... but I have yet to hear that, so no. I'll keep my olive branch, and you keep yours.
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

You aren't owning up to all of your alias, otherwise 50 trillion would be on the low side, ....
    Those are my only aliases. I've had a few different names but I did those through 'change usernames' All those can be viewed using the view username history function.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiv View Post
    Well, maybe if the olive branch included an actual apology... but I have yet to hear that, so no. I'll keep my olive branch, and you keep yours.
    I guess you don't understand the olive branch concept. I won't lose any sleep over it, but at least those here at SooNet will know it was offered.

IMHO

I would have thought this thread wold have suffered a painful death by now It is still humming along.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information