Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This guy sounds just wonderful!

Default This guy sounds just wonderful!

A thank you note from Avery Construction

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news...ls.asp?c=82232

Never read so many positive reader comments about anyone or anything before! Kudos to him for having such an uplifting effect on so many people. And cheers to everyone acknowledging him.

Default Re: This guy sounds just wonderful!

I saw that too Huggy. I hope he gets a good Christmas bonus, cause looking at the responses below, he did a good job all year for the company. I've seen him there too.
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

I thought the article came from"Avery Construction", .... a business, not a person. "He" is going to get as big a bonus as "he" wants, .... owners tend to do that. They also must do enough advertising with SooToday for them to allow this freebee e-card to go out. I don't see much genuine compassion coming from this article, but hey, that just me. I guess we could look at it the other way as to all the ones that could have SooToday post an article like this didn't choose to do so. Maybe the other 99% are just compassionless business owners, or maybe we will see a run on free e-cards now that the flood-gates have been opened.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

It was the reader's comments that caught my eye Bill. Didn't see any e-cards there.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggy85 View Post
    It was the reader's comments that caught my eye Bill. Didn't see any e-cards there.
    I just saw the article as an e-card, in a sense. Agreed, most reader's comments are positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
    I thought the article came from"Avery Construction", .... a business, not a person. "He" is going to get as big a bonus as "he" wants, .... owners tend to do that. They also must do enough advertising with SooToday for them to allow this freebee e-card to go out. I don't see much genuine compassion coming from this article, but hey, that just me. I guess we could look at it the other way as to all the ones that could have SooToday post an article like this didn't choose to do so. Maybe the other 99% are just compassionless business owners, or maybe we will see a run on free e-cards now that the flood-gates have been opened.
    Wm, Wm, Wm, you desperately need a date with a pumice stone my friend, you callouses are showing. It was about the flagman, not one of the Avery' themselves. You and I are showing out age and battle scars far to often with short, cranky retorts. Perhaps we need a night and a dram or two to calm our ruffled feathers?
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Wm, Wm, Wm, you desperately need a date with a pumice stone my friend, you callouses are showing. It was about the flagman, not one of the Avery' themselves. You and I are showing out age and battle scars far to often with short, cranky retorts. Perhaps we need a night and a dram or two to calm our ruffled feathers?
    Only a dram? I can't read the comments thanks to dial-up, .... I don't have that much time in my life I can wait. I simply read the article, and took what I could get out of it. Comments are blind to me. S

So who posted the original article, .... it says nothing about flag(people) in there. It says "Avery Construction wishes to .... ", that is where it is coming from as far as I can see.

Only a dram? I can't read the comments thanks to dial-up, .... I don't have that much time in my life I can wait. I simply read the article, and took what I could get out of it. Comments are blind to me. S

So who posted the original article, .... it says nothing about flag(people) in there. It says "Avery Construction wishes to .... ", that is where it is coming from as far as I can see.
    It came from Avery' front office. It was blatant advertising but the picture of the jolly flagman sabotaged their ad. I would think the flag man ought print off all the congratulatory remarks and take them into the bosses office when raise discussions are in the offing.
    The dram is to have something to drink while we figure what we really want.
    Joseph Joubert

It came from Avery' front office. It was blatant advertising but the picture of the jolly flagman sabotaged their ad. I would think the flag man ought print off all the congratulatory remarks and take them into the bosses office when raise discussions are in the offing.
    The dram is to have something to drink while we figure what we really want.
    Something to drink? Are you and SWSBO up for some drinks and euchre on New Year's eve?

Something to drink? Are you and SWSBO up for some drinks and euchre on New Year's eve?
    Denise says she would be tickled and that usually means she is dragging me along so ya, sounds like fun.
    Joseph Joubert

Denise says she would be tickled and that usually means she is dragging me along so ya, sounds like fun.
    OK, ... we will definitely talk later, .... via here or Facebook, or phone. I got you on THE LIST for New Years, ...

OK, ... we will definitely talk later, .... via here or Facebook, or phone. I got you on THE LIST for New Years, ...
    You are on.
    Joseph Joubert

IMHO

I doubt the Avery company is in any need of a free "ad" on Sootoday. I saw it as a thank you for understanding construction can cause delays. That led to drivers, who noted the flagman's pic in the article, to comment on how good this flagman really was.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information