Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If You Are Going To Stick Your Nose In It, ...

Default If You Are Going To Stick Your Nose In It, ...

expect to be captured. Are we really to feel sorry for this person? Quit with the drama, ... please, ....

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news...ls.asp?c=82307
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

IMHO

Default Re: If You Are Going To Stick Your Nose In It, ...

I feel sorry for her family. I think ISIS is ready to behead a Canadian soon.

When you join in the game, you are all in. All bets are off. If I knew where the family stood politically I would say yea or nay to the condolences but my mind being suspicious by nature I will with hold any "Awe, gee, that's too bads" for another time. The word 'fanatic' is most apropos for those of the Middle East when it concerns politics, religion or God forbid, a conglomeration of the two.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

I missed the drama part. Can't say I feel sorry for the person but I do have respect for anyone joining the kurds in this fight.

I don't know why the media is using the term 'kidnapped' when this person went to join the Kurdish fighters, and was taken from a place where Kurdish fighters were 'holed up'.

The correct term for combatants seized in a battle zone is 'captured', a normal part of warfare. What they do with her next, however, may not be a normal part of the equation.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

She went of to war and did not like the results? She also did 3 years in jail for defrauding elder Americans in a phone fraud scheme.
    She sure like to keep busy for sure.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/11...s-she-is-safe/

In 2009, she was extradited to the United States after she was arrested in connection with a fake lottery scam that targeted elderly victims. She served about three years in prison as part of a plea bargain.
    So when she not saving the world she is out trying to rip it off.

I guess she isn't done scamming the public.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news...ls.asp?c=82357

Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    I don't know why the media is using the term 'kidnapped' when this person went to join the Kurdish fighters, and was taken from a place where Kurdish fighters were 'holed up'.

The correct term for combatants seized in a battle zone is 'captured', a normal part of warfare. What they do with her next, however, may not be a normal part of the equation.
    That's interesting. So people captured by ISIS are combatants and people held at Guantanamo are Political Prisoners.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    That's interesting. So people captured by ISIS are combatants and people held at Guantanamo are Political Prisoners.
    While they may not get to Guantanamo Bay they are political prisoners non the less. The report reads as a news release from a war zone not the local Wally World.

"An Israeli newspaper report says Islamist websites are claiming extremists have kidnapped an Israeli-Canadian woman who joined Kurdish fighters overseas.

The Jerusalem Post says reports of Gill Rosenberg's capture surfaced Sunday on websites "known to be close" to Islamic State extremists.

The newspaper says the websites give few details on the alleged kidnapping, only that it occurred after three suicide attacks on sites where Kurdish fighters were holed up.

Clashes between ISIL and Kurdish troops have largely focused on the Syrian city of Kobani, near the Turkish border.

The now-notorious al-Qaeda splinter group is currently in control of large swaths of territory in both Syria and Iraq.

Messages of concern were posted Sunday on a Facebook profile belonging to a Gill Rosenberg. An earlier message asked for advice on joining the Kurdish army."
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information