Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Still Not In My Price Range, ....

Default Still Not In My Price Range, ....

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news...ls.asp?c=82310

Hope these guys make a go of it, but I don't see it being "Blue Collar" prices as they say.

Steaks from $29 to $42 dollars is a good sum of money for a Blue Collar guy or gal. Not about to buy a bottle of wine for $30 minimum either.

Good luck guys, but I will have to pass, ....
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

Default Re: Still Not In My Price Range, ....

$200.00 for a supper for a couple in a blue collar town is a tad up there. I am sure some can afford it just the same. Wish 'em all the luck in the world but this is the absolute first I am hearing of the place. I wonder what the chap with the four page review got paid for his blurb? Just a little over the top that one.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

IMHO

It would be a place I would only patronize for a very special occasion. I would love to go more often but those prices are just too high for this old pensioner. I wish them luck,,,,they will need it.

I think it's great that these guys are taking a shot at an upscale dining establishment here in the Sault. I wish them the best of luck.

The only thing that gives me cause for pause is their capacity. They seem to be shooting 'big' on their market projections. I just don't know if the Sault can sustain a 250 seat venue averaging $100 a meal. Places like Thymely Manner have quietly existed for many years based on an 'intimate' model of dining - having a small but consistent dinner service. Gliss is another example of upscale service that seems to be doing quite well, but again, their capacity is well under 250 seats.

I wish the new guys all the best, but I am really curious to see what happens after the novelty wears off, and they have to adjust to ongoing market conditions. There are only so many engagement parties, retirement parties, and anniversary dinners to go around, in that kind of price range. It's not something average people will do, on a regular basis.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    $200.00 for a supper for a couple in a blue collar town is a tad up there. I am sure some can afford it just the same. Wish 'em all the luck in the world but this is the absolute first I am hearing of the place. I wonder what the chap with the four page review got paid for his blurb? Just a little over the top that one.
    Not at all true. had a very nice meal for two for 61 bucks, and that's pretty average for an upscale place.

Good steak, too!!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Not at all true. had a very nice meal for two for 61 bucks, and that's pretty average for an upscale place.

Good steak, too!!!
    Couple 40 dollar steaks, a bottle of home stomped 30 or better, glass o' milk, pint o' beer and gratuities and slam bam thank you ma'am, 2 large.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
    Steaks from $29 to $42 dollars....
    I'll take a 1/2 lb sirloin over a 3/4 lb striploin any day of the week. The price doesn't seem outrageous for what they offering but personally I don't want a steak that big. Hopefully there's a market for what they're offering, that location has spent too much time empty.

IMHO

I keep hearing that MONTANNAS steak house is coming to town. If so...there will be a steak price range for everyone. But...if you want quality,,,you have to be prepared to pay for it.

For $42 I will just go to Paesano,s and get two tenderloins already marinated. I like good steak but I'm on the cheap side I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    I keep hearing that MONTANNAS steak house is coming to town. If so...there will be a steak price range for everyone. But...if you want quality,,,you have to be prepared to pay for it.
    We all want quality, we want it desperately, but my pension cheque just giggles because it is not big enough to laugh out loud.
    Joseph Joubert

I'll never, for the life of me (maybe because I'm a vegetarian, but I don't think so), understand why people would pay big money for a steak in a restaurant.

!. Buy a good steak from a butcher. 2. Crank up your BBQ to maximum overdrive. 3. Rub a few spices on your steak. 4. Three minutes on each side, and...

Poof! Steak just as good as any restaurant can make it.

I can understand paying a premium for a great pizza, because not everyone has access to a stone wood-fired oven, but steak? Come on, it's meat and fire - how hard is that?
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    I'll never, for the life of me (maybe because I'm a vegetarian, but I don't think so), understand why people would pay big money for a steak in a restaurant.

!. Buy a good steak from a butcher. 2. Crank up your BBQ to maximum overdrive. 3. Rub a few spices on your steak. 4. Three minutes on each side, and...

Poof! Steak just as good as any restaurant can make it.

I can understand paying a premium for a great pizza, because not everyone has access to a stone wood-fired oven, but steak? Come on, it's meat and fire - how hard is that?
    It's called a date.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

It's called a date.
    Oooooh SNAP!
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

It's called a date.
    Yes but, you sir, were celebrating/sharing a notable day.
    Joseph Joubert

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information