Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are we stopping them?

Default Why are we stopping them?

Canadians joining Isis. http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/6-young...isis-1.2255229 Instead of stopping them lets pay for their flight once they are there a Predator Drone will take care of the rest.

Stop them? More like " Don't let the door hit you in the A## on your way out.
    War of religion is like a war of imaginary friends.

Default Re: Why are we stopping them?

Lance 1 I totally agree. If people don't want to live here let's help them leave. Good riddence.

I think it's good that we, as a country will do what we can to stop people from our country from becoming terrorists. Maybe it's just me.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

This makes Canada' screening process for immigrants suspect. They apply, are accepted, schooled and tooled then sent back over. The U.S. has little to no faith in our capabilities now and this throws grease, so to speak, on the fire. If we can't screen for ourselves at least making them less obvious as an ISIS training centre is desired.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Nice to see hatred and bigotry is alive and well in Canada.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

The reason why we need to 'stop them', is simple. If they go overseas, join ISIS, and somehow survive what they get involved with, chances are, they will return to Canada.

They will be radicalized, trained, and likely to cook up some horrific scheme here. And they will be looking to recruit others, to join them.

Canada needs to stop them in their tracks, punish them, and then monitor them, for a very long time. If we're lucky, maybe we can turn a few of them over, and use them as informants to weed out others who are thinking about getting involved. But once they actually make the trip, and do the fighting, they are lost forever.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

Well, fortunately or unfortunately, depending upon your viewpoint, we can't simply execute people for being stupid.

If that were the case, you would see a lot of regulars here wearing camo while sitting at their keyboards, and peeing themselves every time they see red flashing lights.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
    I don't think it is bigotry Bill as Jihadist John is presumably British. It is more them being trained here and leaving to put into practice that is being lamented. It matters not one whit from whence they came upon leaving Canada armed with abilities to maim and kill.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    I don't think it is bigotry Bill as Jihadist John is presumably British. It is more them being trained here and leaving to put into practice that is being lamented. It matters not one whit from whence they came upon leaving Canada armed with abilities to maim and kill.
    It is a matter of rights and beliefs. They have commited no crimes up to leaving Canada. Once at their destination, it is not our position to judge them on their beliefs. I am not in support of any of the wars waged for the benefit of the USA. It is only the USA's interference and bullying in other coutries that has brought on any retaliation from any foreign group. Canada had not been targeted until our best friend Stephen Harper decided to stick his head as far up Obama's a$$ as his shoulders would allow. You don't have to support somepne's cause to allow them basic rights of freedom of expresssion. You and I both know if the USA had kept its nose out of the middle east, none of this would be happening right now.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

I can see and understand validity in most of your post but their right to freedom of expression oversteps it's bounds at killing people for any reason. I also find the training of these people on Canadian soil disturbing. Two wrongs have never made a right yet. I would turn your attention to the U.S. and their heavy handed response to anything and everything in the Middle East up to this point. The U.S. will count her dead in six digit numbers before pulling out if only to make a point. You kill us, we will kill you only serves to elevate the numbers. I do not see Canada allowing terrorist training on her soil as an answer we can live with should the States take umbrage and want to show her displeasure we will come out the worse for wear.
    Joseph Joubert

I can see and understand validity in most of your post but their right to freedom of expression oversteps it's bounds at killing people for any reason. I also find the training of these people on Canadian soil disturbing. Two wrongs have never made a right yet. I would turn your attention to the U.S. and their heavy handed response to anything and everything in the Middle East up to this point. The U.S. will count her dead in six digit numbers before pulling out if only to make a point. You kill us, we will kill you only serves to elevate the numbers. I do not see Canada allowing terrorist training on her soil as an answer we can live with should the States take umbrage and want to show her displeasure we will come out the worse for wear.
    They don't kill people for any less of a reason than the USA. We already live in a police state, should it get any worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who? View Post
    They don't kill people for any less of a reason than the USA. We already live in a police state, should it get any worse?
    If you elaborate I will try to answer but your statements are disconnected as they stand.
    I will try
    - "They don't kill people for any less of a reason than the USA."- Two wrongs do not make a right.
    - "We already live in a police state, should it get any worse?" - We live in a police state? Really? Are you over stating for effect?
    Joseph Joubert

If you elaborate I will try to answer but your statements are disconnected as they stand.
    I will try
    - "They don't kill people for any less of a reason than the USA."- Two wrongs do not make a right.
    I never said it was right, but everyone in North America sees no problem in the USA doing what they do. We even support them militarily, so they can invade other countries and slaughter children in schools (not added for effect, a fact).
    - "We already live in a police state, should it get any worse?" - We live in a police state? Really? Are you over stating for effect?
    You live in a cloud if you don't think we live in a police state. You forget where Harper's head is shoved? Need I say more?
    Canada has bigger problems than worrying about a couple of people running off to follow their beliefs.

The reason why we need to 'stop them', is simple. If they go overseas, join ISIS, and somehow survive what they get involved with, chances are, they will return to Canada.
    Sorry ' I forgot to mention the flight is a one way trip and their is no coming back.

I guess that is their two main reason for joining Isis.

I think it's good that we, as a country will do what we can to stop people from our country from becoming terrorists. Maybe it's just me.
    Lets trap them here so they can fester, brilliant plan.

If I have to be stuck with a home grown terrorist I'd rather they are 4000 miles away fighting over a sand dune then running around in a mall over here with a machine gun.
    Last edited by Lance1; 03-02-2015 at 10:41 AM.
    War of religion is like a war of imaginary friends.

That's actually not such a bad idea.

If they try to join up with ISIS, revoke their Canadian citizenship, put them on no re-entry list, and drop them off in one of the 'hot' zones. Bon voyage!

I think there are some American companies that have suffered greatly from the fact that the term ISIS has been applied to terrorism.

Think there are some name brands biting the dust over it, so some wanted to call it something else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    I think there are some American companies that have suffered greatly from the fact that the term ISIS has been applied to terrorism.

Think there are some name brands biting the dust over it, so some wanted to call it something else.
    I'm not sure if any American companies have suffered from the term, but I do know it is a real pain in the butt for a certain Egyptian Goddess!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chachinga View Post
    For a while there Obama insisted on calling them 'ISIL'
    What was his reason for that?
    Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, whereas ISIS implies their reach is only Iraq and Syria

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information