Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sault Ste. Marie Roadways

IMHO

Default Sault Ste. Marie Roadways

Is anyone in charge of our roadways? Does anyone in charge really care? I cannot for the life of me understand why the city will do a patch job and leave sharp edges. Their answer seems to be to put up a warning sign. Why does it take weeks to come back and put a second coat over those patch jobs...like those on Wellington west at the tracks...bottom of Pim Hill....corner of McNabb and Great Northern...just to mention a few. WHY WOULD THEY NOT COME BACK THE VERY NEXT DAY and finish the job?
    The bottom of Pim Hill is a disgrace. Our councillor reps in Ward 2 should be screaming for a total repair job on that hill....they remain silent.
    Bay Street....the road tourists are using to enter our city is another disgrace. They have announced they will not repair it until 2016.Oh,,and best to avoid the west end of Black Road unless you have a 4 wheeler.
    Has anyone seen crews out doing road repair and patching?

Default Re: Sault Ste. Marie Roadways

Here have a Snickers, you get angry when you're hungry

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    Went for a beautiful drive today. Hit a few bumps but hey, it's cool because nothing will bring me down on this beautiful sunny day. Hey look at that man over there begging for change. Here is five dollars for you kind man.

Better?
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Official Cat of Soonet View Post
    Here have a Snickers, you get angry when you're hungry

Better?
    Originally Posted by IMHO View Post

Went for a beautiful drive today. Hit a few bumps but hey, it's cool because nothing will bring me down on this beautiful sunny day. Hey look at that man over there begging for change. Here is five dollars for you kind man.

I do not recall that posting...enlighten me as to its origin...lol

Banned

That is the longest Snickers bar I have ever seen.

And two nuts on the end?

If you drive fast enough you will hardly notice the bumps.
    But you should come and see the stupidity on Manitou Drive. They stopped putting in the new road about 50 feet away from the end. Needless to say it looks retarded to have a brand new road and a small piece of old road full of holes.
    Whoever supervised that job should be fired. it is ridiculous not to include the last 50 feet. And that is not the only street in that area where they left a small piece of old road "intact".
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    If you drive fast enough you will hardly notice the bumps.
    But you should come and see the stupidity on Manitou Drive. They stopped putting in the new road about 50 feet away from the end. Needless to say it looks retarded to have a brand new road and a small piece of old road full of holes.
    Whoever supervised that job should be fired. it is ridiculous not to include the last 50 feet. And that is not the only street in that area where they left a small piece of old road "intact".
    Who is the Councillor for that area? Maybe I will run him/her out of office in the next election.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

Well, go look and tell me how it looks to you?

Well, go look and tell me how it looks to you?
    Sounds like a beautiful road by the way you describe it.

The new part absolutely. I can get 100 K on it no problem, until I hit the old portion. Than I have to brake really hard because of the holes in it.

The new part absolutely. I can get 100 K on it no problem, until I hit the old portion. Than I have to brake really hard because of the holes in it.
    You don't have to. You are just showing weakness now.

Trust me, you have to.

I'm so sorry to hear that you can't push your car past 100 km/hr on a residential street.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

Is there plans to fix it? Maybe they are trying to slow down the crazy guy driving the Minerva.

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that you can't push your car past 100 km/hr on a residential street.
    The new section is an improvement in that regard. Once I have my new cross drilled rotors installed I should be able to hit the brakes slightly later, possibly hitting an extra 20 K. It will be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Official Cat of Soonet View Post
    Is there plans to fix it? Maybe they are trying to slow down the crazy guy driving the Minerva.
    Doubt it, since they would have to attach it to the new section.

I just feel bad for the skateboarders.

They should have their helmets on anyways.

The new section is an improvement in that regard. Once I have my new cross drilled rotors installed I should be able to hit the brakes slightly later, possibly hitting an extra 20 K. It will be glorious.
    Just make sure your transmission can handle the rapid acceleration and deceleration, without burning out, just to be safe.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

It has no issue with it, I always have it in stick shift for maximum engine braking when downshifting. It helps save my brakes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information