Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The differance in gas is sure getting larger.

Default The differance in gas is sure getting larger.

Even if you factor a exchange rate of 70cents Canadian for a US dollar the gas across the river is 29cents per litre cheaper.

The news says the barrel is going down yet the price of gas goes up over here. Can you imagine when the barrel returns to it's old rates? We will see $2.50 a litre according to their math.
    War of religion is like a war of imaginary friends.

IMHO

Default Re: The differance in gas is sure getting larger.

In Ottawa last week I paid $113.9 . I did notice they still had a few independents whereas in the Soo everything is super controlled by Mcdougald Fuels. Those independents always force the big guys to keep prices lower.
    p.s...this independent dealer pumped the gas and washed both the windshield and the back window. It has been many years since I got that kind of service.
    Last edited by IMHO; 07-13-2015 at 02:07 PM.

I have been tracking prices of gas in Soo Mich and Soo Canada for 7 years ( on a weekly basis) and no matter what the Canadian dollar is worth (even when it was worth more than the US), the price of our gas is and has been a consistent 29 - 30 cent difference. It as almost that the conglomerate - read McDougall -over here in Canada maintains that price differential on purpose. They have determined that any larger a gap would drive more people across the river. They don't need to lower it as that seems to be the breaking point.

Do not gas up. If everybody follows that simple concept they will drop prices very quickly.
    Just have to stick it to them. It is that simple.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Do not gas up. If everybody follows that simple concept they will drop prices very quickly.
    Just have to stick it to them. It is that simple.
    Yeah, just walk all over town towing your tools.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

No, not really. Think about it.
    If everyone ensures they have a full tank of gas by Friday, nobody would need gas for 7 days or more.
    Prices will drop just like that.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

No, not really. Think about it.
    If everyone ensures they have a full tank of gas by Friday, nobody would need gas for 7 days or more.
    Prices will drop just like that.
    Nope. All that will happen is that gas station employees will laid off for a week.

All local gas comes through Macdougall. And since at the end of your boycott, everyone will need fuel, they win anyway!!!

It's a monopoly, encouraged by the government to keep the tax money flowing.

If they lay them all off, they will need to close all the gas stations. I am sure that will make the news across Canada.

If they lay them all off, they will need to close all the gas stations. I am sure that will make the news across Canada.
    And all the other "Mcdougalls" across the country will just laugh.

IMHO

The chances of getting everyone to buy gas on a certain day and refrain from buying for a week is a monumental task that will never happen. We cannot get many folks out to the polls on election day.

Quote Originally Posted by ctf View Post
    I have been tracking prices of gas in Soo Mich and Soo Canada for 7 years ( on a weekly basis) and no matter what the Canadian dollar is worth (even when it was worth more than the US), the price of our gas is and has been a consistent 29 - 30 cent difference. It as almost that the conglomerate - read McDougall -over here in Canada maintains that price differential on purpose. They have determined that any larger a gap would drive more people across the river. They don't need to lower it as that seems to be the breaking point.
    That is interesting .
    War of religion is like a war of imaginary friends.

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    The chances of getting everyone to buy gas on a certain day and refrain from buying for a week is a monumental task that will never happen. We cannot get many folks out to the polls on election day.
    Why? We could call for a national gas buying day followed by a national no gas buying week.
    Or, we can just stop complaining and pony up.

Why? We could call for a national gas buying day followed by a national no gas buying week.
    Or, we can just stop complaining and pony up.
    Sounds like a good idea. Take it away...
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Take it away...
    Yeah, I'll be holding my breath!!

We have a national sweater day, weedless Wednesday, national non smoking day.
    We even have a CDKL5 month.

I am sure we can fit in a few gas days.

Look at all the stuff we have: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/calend/index-eng.php

IMHO

Tomorrow is NATIONAL NUDE DAY....will you be participating ??

I already took the liberty of a head start as we speak.

IMHO

I already took the liberty of a head start as we speak.
    "head" start huh ???? lol

oil companies charge what we will pay.............pretty simple

Stop buying and they will give a much better deal to everyone.
    It has happened to tobacco companies, oil companies can be next.

And on a side note the government is the main culprit. http://www2.nrcan.gc.ca/eneene/sourc...fm?ProvCode=ON

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information