Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

  1. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,801

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    Does the PUC really need to study this before taking action? It seems CLEAR to me that most residents want the good old water supply back. Now....how much will it cost us taxpayers to go back to the old, reliable system?
    You mean the one where they were injecting ammonia into the water because it was coming from a different source. Which they don't have any more??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  2. #22
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,801

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    And your proof of this is where???
    Sorry, that would be a breach of privacy. ie, a good buddy of mine is one of the guys responsible for the water quality. PS, he drinks right from the tap too.

    Now, naturally, you won't accept this as a source, but I'm OK with that.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Sorry, that would be a breach of privacy. ie, a good buddy of mine is one of the guys responsible for the water quality. PS, he drinks right from the tap too.

    Now, naturally, you won't accept this as a source, but I'm OK with that.
    I am pretty sure if is was true it would be pretty easy to prove it with a google search.

    Funny side note though you certainly didn't seem interested in using your inside info to settle the whole dirty east end water saga.

    What should I expect when you are working with an agenda.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orbiting Earth at 850000 MPH.
    Posts
    1,215

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    And when you open a jug of pure bleach you can't smell it at all.

    Did you dream up this Hair brain theory all on your own?

    Priceless simply priceless.
    Well...... allow me to retort.

    Familiarize yourself with human anatomy -- specifically the olfactory senses.

    Then.. for further proof... take a H2S Alive course -- Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness..... and read what they tell you about exposure at certain levels.
    For example... at 0.01-1.5 PARTS PER MILLION -- a faint rotten egg odor is detectable. Odor threshold (when rotten egg smell is first noticeable to some). Odor becomes more offensive at 3-5 ppm. Above 30 ppm, odor described as sweet or sickeningly sweet. Levels of 100-150 - Loss of smell (olfactory fatigue or paralysis).

    Similar to being in a room with a propane or gas leak -- you smell it at first... as the room fills with gas, you smell it less and less... just because you don't smell it doesn't mean that the gas is no longer present -- at higher concentrations you simply don't smell it anymore.

    Similar to if you've ever worked at a gas station or were at one for an hour or two.... eventually you don't smell gasoline anymore, unless you get away from the smell and come back... or smell your clothes...

    "Olfactory fatigue or paralysis"

    With any odor -- with prolonged exposure or high concentrations - you smell it at first... and then its gone...

    Just because you don't know jack squat about anatomy and biology doesn't mean that things you fail to comprehend or educate yourself on aren't true. Checkmate my friend, checkmate. You've lost this one. If you have any brevity or decency in taking your loss like man, you'll quit antagonizing.

    Barry's playing nice with you..... he won't tell you, because I think he'd like you to try to expand your mind with doing some research with the wonderful tools known as research and reading.


    I'm using a significantly different approach.

    Man up... admit you're wrong... take your medicine.
    Play nice now.
    Last edited by Magneto; 09-03-2015 at 02:21 PM.
    As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else.
    I am the one who runs from both the living and the dead; hunted by scavengers, haunted by those I could not protect.
    So I exist in this waste land; a man reduced to a single instinct......SURVIVE

  5. #25
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,801

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    ...What should I expect when you are working with an agenda.
    My only agenda is not caring about those who don't believe anything I say, just because I said it!! Jokes on you!!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Well...... allow me to retort.

    Familiarize yourself with human anatomy -- specifically the olfactory senses.

    Then.. for further proof... take a H2S Alive course -- Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness..... and read what they tell you about exposure at certain levels.
    For example... at 0.01-1.5 PARTS PER MILLION -- a faint rotten egg odor is detectable. Odor threshold (when rotten egg smell is first noticeable to some). Odor becomes more offensive at 3-5 ppm. Above 30 ppm, odor described as sweet or sickeningly sweet. Levels of 100-150 - Loss of smell (olfactory fatigue or paralysis).

    Similar to being in a room with a propane or gas leak -- you smell it at first... as the room fills with gas, you smell it less and less... just because you don't smell it doesn't mean that the gas is no longer present -- at higher concentrations you simply don't smell it anymore.

    Similar to if you've ever worked at a gas station or were at one for an hour or two.... eventually you don't smell gasoline anymore, unless you get away from the smell and come back... or smell your clothes...

    "Olfactory fatigue or paralysis"

    With any odor -- with prolonged exposure or high concentrations - you smell it at first... and then its gone...

    Just because you don't know jack squat about anatomy and biology doesn't mean that things you fail to comprehend or educate yourself on aren't true. Checkmate my friend, checkmate. You've lost this one. If you have any brevity or decency in taking your loss like man, you'll quit antagonizing.

    Barry's playing nice with you..... he won't tell you, because I think he'd like you to try to expand your mind with doing some research with the wonderful tools known as research and reading.


    I'm using a significantly different approach.

    Man up... admit you're wrong... take your medicine.
    Play nice now.

    I am betting you may not be smart enough to realize you are contradicting yourself?


    Seems to smell less and ACTUALLY smelling less are not the same thing.


    But hey have at er there sockie.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,801

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post

    Seems to smell less and ACTUALLY smelling less are not the same thing.
    That's only true if you constantly have some kind of objective test apparatus with you.

    Smell is subjective, obviously, since lots of us have no problem with the odor, even when we live in the same area as the whiners.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  8. #28
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,908

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    That's only true if you constantly have some kind of objective test apparatus with you.

    Smell is subjective, obviously, since lots of us have no problem with the odor, even when we live in the same area as the whiners.
    Hmmmmm.....cutting people down for having their own opinion. Does your religion also accept sarcasm and other forms of belittling?
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Hmmmmm.....cutting people down for having their own opinion. Does your religion also accept sarcasm and other forms of belittling?
    If he thinks so, it does!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Hmmmmm.....cutting people down for having their own opinion. Does your religion also accept sarcasm and other forms of belittling?
    Seems you only see one side!! No surprise there. Not judging, are you???

    Well, sheep, the time has come. First time banned in 15 years.

    So, it's time to move on. After a few words scattered about, Soonet, see ya. Barry Morris
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  11. #31
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,908

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Seems you only see one side!! No surprise there. Not judging, are you???

    Well, sheep, the time has come. First time banned in 15 years.

    So, it's time to move on. After a few words scattered about, Soonet, see ya. Barry Morris

    I wasn't judging, Barry. It was nothing more than observation...
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  12. #32
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Seems you only see one side!! No surprise there. Not judging, are you???

    Well, sheep, the time has come. First time banned in 15 years.

    So, it's time to move on. After a few words scattered about, Soonet, see ya. Barry Morris
    Some will be positively giddy over this one. It will be desolate in here minus one of the most active protagonists around to be drawn and quartered on a regular basis. I thought you would never tire of having the local "hounds" snapping at your heels.Keep my number and address and remember, Pepsi, not coffee. See you when I return.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  13. #33
    Senior Member The Chronic Liar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    2,303

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Some will be positively giddy over this one. It will be desolate in here minus one of the most active protagonists around to be drawn and quartered on a regular basis. I thought you would never tire of having the local "hounds" snapping at your heels.Keep my number and address and remember, Pepsi, not coffee. See you when I return.
    I think its funny. Giddy is pushing it. Also I really think you should reconsider on the Pepsi
    I am now posting under the name loquetas. Please forward all pm's to that account.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chronic Liar View Post
    I think its funny. Giddy is pushing it. Also I really think you should reconsider on the Pepsi
    12 cans/bottles a day for 60 years now. Tried a Coke, once, too sweet for myself.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Who needs Pepsi when we have this wonderful tap water?

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical


  17. #37
    Senior Member The Chronic Liar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    2,303

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    12 cans/bottles a day for 60 years now. Tried a Coke, once, too sweet for myself.
    That's insane but like smoking and drugs, some people can do it until they are 90.
    I am now posting under the name loquetas. Please forward all pm's to that account.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by stupefied View Post
    Who needs Pepsi when we have this wonderful tap water?
    I stand by my previous comment, to me, all is fine. No discolouration, no taste, no smell. We are as always in the downtown core. I read some comments from people in our area who are disgruntled with the water quality. One can only wonder how one home has good water yet a home a block or two away has malodorous fumes, discolouration and foul taste. I am in no way, shape, or form questioning their words or judgement, I sincerely wonder how it occurs.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  19. #39
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chronic Liar View Post
    That's insane but like smoking and drugs, some people can do it until they are 90.
    I ceased regular Pepsi a few years ago now and promptly lost 60+ pounds. I drink, at the most, one coffee a day, never touch tea, and purify all my water with alcohol.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  20. #40
    IMHO
    Guest

    Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

    Quote Originally Posted by anapeg View Post
    i ceased regular pepsi a few years ago now and promptly lost 60+ pounds. I drink, at the most, one coffee a day, never touch tea, and purify all my water with alcohol.
    that kast one...with the alcohol,,,, will keep you alive to 105

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts