Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

IMHO

Default PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

If you live long enough you see everything. We were told the change was MANDATED by the Ontario government. Now all of a sudden it seems we can go back to the old system. HUH???On top of that they want to waste more money by paying for a survey next November of us users to see what we think about changing again. I think we made it loud and clear that we do not like the present taste and colour of the water. Why waste more money for a company to tell us what we already know?

Heads should roll at the PUC. If the Ontario government allows the PUC to return to the old system then the Ontario government should absorb the costs involved. This is a complete screw up and we have to pay for it.

Default Re: PUC to consider returning to old water treatment chemical

Oh, we're going to have ammonia injection again, for no reason at all??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

my water taste like pool water. In fact, I think I'd rather drink greco's pool water that was freshly urinated in, over the stuff they are trying to peddle off as "safe" drinking water..

And why is the province telling us what to add to our water? This is 1938 Germany is it? Oh right, it was the nazi's who first added chemicals like fluoride to their water systems to generate complicity from its citizens.. It was basically used as a very mild form of mind control, coupled with some of the best propagandists in the business.. So what if the nazi's came over after the war and setup shop, then slowly had ivory educated children let lose on the political realm to in fact take over north america without firing a single shot.

Ill let you all in on a little secret... The people who run this planet, want you boomers dead and or dying.. Why you might ask? Because they don't wanna pay out pensions.. You live in a fascist dictatorship and the politicians are owned by mega corporations, which take their marching orders from the central bankers, who are the accountants for the Jesuits/Catholics. So what is the easiest and most concealed way to soft kill a population? GMO food, and poisoned city water.. "ah they'll never figure it out, and the ones who do no one will believe anyways"... "We can't enslave these white people, we better breed them out of existence, mass immigration ensues.."

If your a fighter, and last say till your 70, you're probably riddled with cancers and other ailments so the pharmaceutical companies just love you guys as well..

oh wait, I think I am on the wrong forum..

Banned

Anyone that says there is nothing wrong with the water in this town either has:
    A- Their own well
    B- A water purification system
    C- Absolutely no sense of smell or taste

Quote Originally Posted by Chachinga View Post
    A- Their own well
    The whole family is OK with our water. Colour, taste, smell, everything is good. We are down town just for reference.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

IMHO

Why though did we have to change from the greatest water anywhere to a point where some find the water terrible. The PUC never heard the expression LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    The whole family is OK with our water. Colour, taste, smell, everything is good. We are down town just for reference.
    Us too.

A- Their own well
    I'm going to the tap.
    I'm filling a glass.
    I'm drinking it.
    Good stuff.

A- Their own well
    Has adjusted to the above or diminished capacity.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Funny I am downtown as well. My water smells and tastes like a swimming pool. I wont even let my dog drink it anymore cause her fur starts to thin, turns yellowish and she chews non stop. I put her on bottled water and the problem is gone. I am not even going to get into the skin issues I have to put up with. When I go back to MTL for work I dont experience these problems.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Funny I am downtown as well. My water smells and tastes like a swimming pool. I wont even let my dog drink it anymore cause her fur starts to thin, turns yellowish and she chews non stop. I put her on bottled water and the problem is gone. I am not even going to get into the skin issues I have to put up with. When I go back to MTL for work I dont experience these problems.
    11 in our home and all is well. The city tore our street to Hell last summer and even with that, it was good. I honestly thought all the hoopla was from the East end. Interesting. I would have thought we were serviced from the same place.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Funny I am downtown as well. My water smells and tastes like a swimming pool.
    Uh huh.

It wasn't a mandated change -- it was a smoke and mirror tactic they used to justify the change.
    Ottawa still uses ammonia. From the PUC's own admission in one of their power-point documents buried on their site the switch from Chlorimide to Free Chlorine will save them up to $650,000 in maintenance costs to all the infrastructure per year -- because ammonia is corrosive and causes a decay in the pipes.

Nothing more... nothing less.

It wasn't the government that forced them to change. It wasn't mandated. It wasn't a requirement. Plain and simple, it was to save money on maintenance and repairs.
    Now, look at the pickle they have themselves in -- brown water issues, a multitude of complaints about taste and smell.... etc.

What's amazing though is the lack of scientific awareness people have -- that trace amounts of any odour will be extremely pronounced..... and the more of a chemical there is, the less you'll detect its odour.

Hydrogen Sulfide for example... at 0.5-1.5 ppm.... you smell a rotten egg odor. Anything above that.... you don't "smell" it... you start experiencing the toxic poisoning side effects the longer you're exposed to it.

One drop of bleach in a gallon of water -- you smell bleach. Mix the bleach and water at 50/50 ratio --- you don't smell bleach as heavily.
    As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else.
    I am the one who runs from both the living and the dead; hunted by scavengers, haunted by those I could not protect.
    So I exist in this waste land; a man reduced to a single instinct......SURVIVE

We live off of People's Rd. When new subdivisions began being built several years ago around the 3rd Line area, our water began to smell and taste like a swimming pool and our water pressure reduced, PUC says it's fine. Even when the wolfdog was alive, she would not drink it, she got Brita. (the only saving grace back then was she quit drinking out of the toilet. lol) Sorry Magnetto, but bleach anywhere around me, no matter the strength and I could smell it or taste it. I use bleach all the time.
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    One drop of bleach in a gallon of water -- you smell bleach. Mix the bleach and water at 50/50 ratio --- you don't smell bleach as heavily.
    And when you open a jug of pure bleach you can't smell it at all.

Did you dream up this Hair brain theory all on your own?

Priceless simply priceless.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    And when you open a jug of pure bleach you can't smell it at all.

Did you dream up this Hair brain theory all on your own?

Priceless simply priceless.
    We are so sorry that you were not aware of the fact that proper levels of chlorine in our water have LESS odor than lower levels.

Just the way it is!!

IMHO

Does the PUC really need to study this before taking action? It seems CLEAR to me that most residents want the good old water supply back. Now....how much will it cost us taxpayers to go back to the old, reliable system?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    We are so sorry that you were not aware of the fact that proper levels of chlorine in our water have LESS odor than lower levels.

Just the way it is!!
    I didn't say that please try to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

No that you are no longer a mod you cannot insist that something means something it does not.

Magneto stated that a drop of bleach in water smells more than water and bleach mixed 1/2 and 1/2. By that logic pure bleach should not smell at all.

If you want to make a wild claim like that please provide some proof that this is the case because anecdotal evidence would suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    I didn't say that please try to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

No that you are no longer a mod you cannot insist that something means something it does not.

Magneto stated that a drop of bleach in water smells more than water and bleach mixed 1/2 and 1/2. By that logic pure bleach should not smell at all.

If you want to make a wild claim like that please provide some proof that this is the case because anecdotal evidence would suggest otherwise.
    More bleach equals more smell.

Seems quite comprehendable to me.

But it's not true.

Sorry. Properly balanced chlorine levels in city water smell LESS of chlorine than if levels are too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    More bleach equals more smell.

Seems quite comprehendable to me.

But it's not true.

Sorry. Properly balanced chlorine levels in city water smell LESS of chlorine than if levels are too low.
    And your proof of this is where???

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information