Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great Dane for stud

Getting warmed up...

Default Great Dane for stud

I have a great dane that I would like to breed he is a 1 year old fawn colored I would like a pure breed great dane with or with out papers contact for more info

Default Re: Great Dane for stud

Does your dog have papers? Where'd you get him from?

Getting warmed up...

just posting for a friend but i will get the info from her and let u know as soon as i can

Getting warmed up...

Yay. More people killing the breed.

Do you have genetic and health testing done for your dog? Is your dog a perfect example of the breed?? Is your dog papered? Are you looking to help better the breed or just looking for some money in your pocket?? Have you noticed the pet over population going on in this world.......do you really think becoming a BYB is a good thing??

And if you are posting for a friend why do you claim "YOU" have a Great Dane.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

2+2= 7 on this bulletin board, and to argue about it is futile.

Getting warmed up...

I think u need to chill a lil, my friend SHE is the one that posted in my name because she does not have a soonet account, that is y it is in the first person. I seen the question that is y I replied I DONT KNOW that is y I said I would ask her and get back with the answer and as far as I know she takes a GREAT deal of care to see that she is doing everything she can for the breed but as to the rest of ur questions sorry I can not be more helpfull

Getting warmed up...

oh btw yes her dog DOES have papers!! and has been vet checked for any problems and has all shots.....I just talked her and got a lil more info for u if u have anymore question please feel free to ask!!

Who did she get her from? Would be good to know the lines.

Chill a little. I am sorry but when it comes to animals I have more compassion for them than most people. To see someone putting an ad for stud on a bulletin board leads me to think that this is a Backyard operation. I am sorry if this offends you any but it is the truth. Registed breeders know what they are doing, they don't post a post like you did. There is more to breeding a healthy dog than getting a vet check. Does this dog have Champion Bloodlines?

Go take a look on Petfinder and see how many Great Danes need a forever home. Type in Great Dane and look at the many rescues that have Danes needing a forever home also.

Still feel the need to breed??? Probably and that is just sad.

Okay serious questions here.

Has your friends dog been tested for:
    Congenital Cardiac Disease ( cardiomyopathy), Hip dysplasia, hyperthyroidism and cataracts?

Does she have a vet certificate for these tests?

Do you have information for more than a one generation of her dog and health info and vet proof of testing?

Good questions Leaf, another would have they breed Danes before, do they know their lines for whelping problems? What to do in the case of a emergency, such as if they lose the mother of the puppies? Can they tube feed? Or are the willing to bottle feed every two hours?

hp2

I understand all the kit and carpola ?'s yous are answering but if this person is not from around here and the dog is a1 ok to breed, WHY would you not offer it to people who have danes and wish to breed them to widen the window of bloodlines in and around our city and most people around here have there pups sold before they are even born!!

hp2 I understand what you are saying. ask yourself would a respondible ethical breeder be posting the dog's stud services on a BB? I am sure that a Registered Breeder doesn't put an add in the paper saying "oh my dog is in heat, looking for a stud" when they want to breed their dog. They know of other dogs and they know what they are looking for.

I have seen people devasted when their pure bred dog has passed at a young age. When asked about the breeder and their practises those people said "well I didn't know there was a difference between a resposible registered breeder and someone having pure bred pups for sale (BYB). Just trying to pass on some valuable information.

And a few more serious questions.

What titles does your dog have?
    What registry is this dog registered with?
    As a breeder what clubs do you belong to (as a breeder)?

hp2

I understand, but if new to the area maybe just a quick way out then having to do searches!!! jmo

A registered breeder would already have a list of possible b*tches/studs to choose from from their registry or clubs they belng to. No matter if they were new to an area or not they would have information on other dogs of the same breed that have good potential and quality.

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: babygirl82</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...as far as I know she takes a GREAT deal of care to see that she is doing everything she can for the breed...</div></div>

If that's the case, she should specify that she's looking for another fawn or a brindle.

No one seems to notice or care, but there are VERY specific guidelines to color breeding with Great Danes. Fawns to other fawns or brindles ONLY (Color Code)

Bad breeding and not giving a damn about what you're actually doing to this beautiful breed creates reject dogs like my "fawnequin" (fawn bred to harlequin) that should never have happened (not to say my girl isn't beautiful...she's the best, just not up to standard with the "real" Great Danes of this world)
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Is your stud xrayed to ensure no signs of hip dysplasia? Has he earned any points in show? Is he of sound mind and temperment?

Well, i guess the topic starter is a friend of a mod here. I didn't say any curse words. Just stated an opinion. Oh well, let the back yard breeders breed away. What's a few extra thousand dollars in their pocket?

Guru Power Poster

I don't think it was the topic starter lol Someone else I believe you mentioned...? Perhaps?
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information