Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here's another reason...

Default Here's another reason...

...I'm against the death penalty!!

"End to California Execution Moratorium Raises Controversial Death Penalty Case"

"Man on death row: ‘It’s not my execution, it’s my murder’"

""I am the only person in the history of the state to have five federal circuit judges say that 'the state of California may be about to execute an innocent man,'" Cooper told NBC News"
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Default Re: Here's another reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post

"End to California Execution Moratorium Raises Controversial Death Penalty Case"

""I am the only person in the history of the state to have five federal circuit judges say that 'the state of California may be about to execute an innocent man,'" Cooper told NBC News"
    Is there a link? Sometimes I like reading an entire article. In no way am I suggesting that you didn't pick out the best paragraphs but I would like to see.
    I am now posting under the name loquetas. Please forward all pm's to that account.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronic Liar View Post
    Is there a link? Sometimes I like reading an entire article. In no way am I suggesting that you didn't pick out the best paragraphs but I would like to see.
    Darn, I'm sorry about that!! It's on the major news feeds, but I can't recall exactly which one. I'll see.

edit to add:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...y-case-n507866
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Interesting case that I will look for more on. There is a place for the death penalty but in a case such as this I think the issue is getting a fair trial and holding prosecutors accountable for withholding evidence or the tampering of evidence.
    I am now posting under the name loquetas. Please forward all pm's to that account.

I noticed with the Steven Avery case that people want him set free. The problem with that is he may stilk be guilty. Give them a fair trial with all the evidence and then live with the outcome.

Interesting case that I will look for more on. There is a place for the death penalty but in a case such as this I think the issue is getting a fair trial and holding prosecutors accountable for withholding evidence or the tampering of evidence.
    I believe if someone, anyone is not honest and it leads to an unwarranted death penalty, the dishonest individuals life is forfeit as well. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

I noticed with the Steven Avery case that people want him set free. The problem with that is he may stilk be guilty. Give them a fair trial with all the evidence and then live with the outcome.
    Or die with the outcome as the case may be.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post

"I am the only person in the history of the state to have five federal circuit judges say that 'the state of California may be about to execute an innocent man,'" Cooper told NBC News"
    Were you able to speak with each and every individual sent to their death each, in turn, would almost certainly speak to their being not guilty with few exceptions.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Or die with the outcome as the case may be.
    Yup unfortunately the case which is why, like you said, anyone caught purposely withholding evidence should be dealt with accordingly.

Back to the Steven Avery case, how much of this would have been avoided had a police department who is getting sued for 36 million dollars by the accused just stayed away from the case?

A fair trial would mean tossing any evidence that arose from their involvement.

Back to the Steven Avery case, how much of this would have been avoided had a police department who is getting sued for 36 million dollars by the accused just stayed away from the case?

A fair trial would mean tossing any evidence that arose from their involvement.
    I watched the Steven Avery documentary too - it was pretty riveting. It seems like Avery and his nephew were set up, for sure. This guy thinks it was someone else, not the local police who were responsible...

http://coldcasecameron.com/
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information