Default Re: Gas Prices - Again

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    IAgain
    Wow nice input.
    Last edited by Hans; 02-27-2016 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Quoted insult

Quote Originally Posted by daynzy View Post
    Wow nice input.
    They put this clever observation in periodically, they lack the capacity to engage as an adult.
    Last edited by Hans; 02-27-2016 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Quoted insult
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by daynzy View Post
    Wow nice input.
    He lines up for hours for free poutine. Enough said.
    Last edited by Hans; 02-27-2016 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Quoted insult
    I am now posting under the name loquetas. Please forward all pm's to that account.

Same old same old.
    Last edited by Hans; 02-27-2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: insults

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    The old Imperial tank farm or the old Texaco tank farm.
    So why can all those that are so upset with the local gas economy not go protest and block those 2 areas off? It would open up a path to media shaming, and most companies are very sensitive to how they are portrayed in the media.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

If you are going to respond please refrain from insulting others, or quoting insults.
    Otherwise I will have to intervene.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    If you are going to respond please refrain from insulting others, or quoting insults.
    Otherwise I will have to intervene.
    To whom are you speaking(or threatening) ?

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    To whom are you speaking(or threatening)?
    Blue boy, I suspect.
    Joseph Joubert

To whom are you speaking(or threatening) ?
    You should be able to see the posts I edited. It is not directed at any specific individual but simply a general statement.

So why can all those that are so upset with the local gas economy not go protest and block those 2 areas off? It would open up a path to media shaming, and most companies are very sensitive to how they are portrayed in the media.
    You can picket until your heart is content. The use of information pickets is valid. You cannot, on the other hand, slow or interfere with the legal day to day operations or you are liable for charges.
    Your information had better be spot on and squeaky clean or the O/O will be all over you legally. The law will be with the company and you will need to tread lightly or suffer the consequences.
    The problem then becomes one of how and where to gather information in a very protective group of businesses? You would need to know the cost to the supplier, his cost to operate the tank farm. His markup, his handling costs. Then the cost of trucking the product from the farm to the appropriate station, their cost for the product, their markup. It goes on and on to the point you would need a person intimate with the industry to go rogue and open up to you. Far too many places to make an error, far too many chances for a lie, to many chances to get your butt in a crack.
    Joseph Joubert

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by anapeg View Post
    you can picket until your heart is content. The use of information pickets is valid. You cannot, on the other hand, slow or interfere with the legal day to day operations or you are liable for charges.
    Your information had better be spot on and squeaky clean or the o/o will be all over you legally. The law will be with the company and you will need to tread lightly or suffer the consequences.
    The problem then becomes one of how and where to gather information in a very protective group of businesses? You would need to know the cost to the supplier, his cost to operate the tank farm. His markup, his handling costs. Then the cost of trucking the product from the farm to the appropriate station, their cost for the product, their markup. It goes on and on to the point you would need a person intimate with the industry to go rogue and open up to you. Far too many places to make an error, far too many chances for a lie, to many chances to get your butt in a crack.
    so...we are totally screwed for life.

In that case, nothing will ever happen and those companies will continue with their current course of business.
    In which case there is no point in further discussing this matter. Just pay and take it.

so...we are totally screwed for life.
    All you need is a politician to be on board and the media to be on it.

All you need is a politician to be on board and the media to be on it.
    We'll see what the mayor has to say!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

You should be able to see the posts I edited. It is not directed at any specific individual but simply a general statement.
    When Trump doesn't come close to winning the election, would you consider easing up on that rule?
    I am now posting under the name loquetas. Please forward all pm's to that account.

IMHO

Trump will be dumped eventually...no matter though...HILLARY is heading to victory(not that I like that).

In that case, nothing will ever happen and those companies will continue with their current course of business.
    In which case there is no point in further discussing this matter. Just pay and take it.
    Were you to go back and read each and every one of these threads on gas prices this has been my message. Those who hold the keys to the pumphouse on the wharf and the tank farms do not give a damn about you or I or what we think of them. There are ample numbers who, for varying reasons chose not to cross the border to finance their greedy asses. It was many, many years ago when one of the major players could and did afford to import a Rolls Royce. They could $hit on the peasants then so today we could only imagine. So what they make today is for posterity. You also have to know someone on this board knows some of those of whom we speak and they are quite possibly monitoring yet correcting nothing because there is nothing to correct.
    Joseph Joubert

So in the last few weeks we have heard that the product in the tanks was purchased when oil prices were a little higher in the fall and thus our prices would not come down. Now there was a bridge crossing increase and now the price of oil has increased from 25 to 40 per barrel on average. I guess the only greedy supplier looks at the situation and says " I guess it is safe for us to increase our prices here since we can get away with it." This rise in price from $.95 to $1.03 today is just plain greed and opportunism. It may well deter some from crossing and filling up in the US but not all. Ontario average today is $.929.

Sault Michigan $1.94 per gallon
    Dollar conversion $.75
    Litres per american gallon 3.78

Litre of gas in Michigan is is $.68 CDN for a savings of at least $.35 a litre.

can anyone say GOUGING.
    Last edited by ctf; 03-24-2016 at 10:02 AM.

The price of gas increases every time there is a holiday weekend since the dawn of man. Relax.

8 cents a liter is a little over the top.Taking advantage of the recent bridge toll increase is just greed. Even without the increase we were 3 cents a liter over the provincial average. If it were strictly a long weekend blip I might agree with your observation. With that logic, we should see a dramatic decrease in the days following this long weekend. NOT.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information