Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Video shows cop speed through light, crash into driver

Default Re: Video shows cop speed through light, crash into driver

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Not regardless rather in spite of how they drive. Drive like an angry God after a weasel and your chances of mishap increase, add traffic and the numbers rise exponentially. No problem for you eh Hans? You are willing to endanger innocent lives, it is a risk you feel comfortable with.
    I assume you drive a car, in which case you endanger lives every day, just like I do when I drive a car.
    The difference is in your perceived notion you are somehow less of a risk than me.
    Insurance people love people who believe in that.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I don't. And I don't go around proclaiming I will not take an innocent live with me.

I do have the notion that anyone can get into a car accident at any time, with possible deadly consequences, regardless of how they drive.
    It is people who do not have that notion who consider themselves immune, because they "drive safe".

You can kill at 50 and at 150, don't ever forget that.
    Much easier to avoid the situation at 50 though.

I know too easy of a concept for you to understand?????

Common sense gets lost in the translation there Hans??????
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

[QUOTE=The Voice;776833]Much easier to avoid the situation at 50 though.QUOTE]

Says The Voice of Reason.

[QUOTE=The Voice;776834]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Much easier to avoid the situation at 50 though.QUOTE]

Says The Voice of Reason.
    There is another voice of reason that says not to get into "the situation" to begin with is the way to go.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

[QUOTE=Hans;776836]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post

There is another voice of reason that says not to get into "the situation" to begin with is the way to go.
    Not getting into the situation in the first place is what they teach in defensive driving courses. They also teach you to respect the rules of the road.

Driving fast does not make you a good driver.

When you can put a 50 Ton Rock Truck into 1/2 the places I have, then I will consider you a good driver.

Quote Originally Posted by stupefied View Post
    And just how does driving a car equate with endangering lives? 'Accidents' don't just happen.
    I was simply stating that when you drive a car, you have to accept you might get into an accident with possible loss of life, regardless of how well of a driver you consider yourself to be.
    Accidents can happen to anybody, especially those who think it will not happen to them.

[QUOTE=The Voice;776837]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post

Not getting into the situation in the first place is what they teach in defensive driving courses. They also teach you to respect the rules of the road.

Driving fast does not make you a good driver.

When you can put a 50 Ton Rock Truck into 1/2 the places I have, then I will consider you a good driver.
    I have driven extensively on the German highway, where there is no speed limit.
    I am used to traveling 700 Km in 3 hours.
    Never have gotten into an accident in my life, and have been driving for 29 years.

I am sure that must count for something also.
    Truth is as a fast driver you have to pay extra attention to all the little details.

In a way that is true, in a way it is not.

If you would not have gotten into a car you would not have gotten into a car accident.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information