Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: For Blue

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default For Blue

    Here you go, a place to debate Catholic dogma: http://forums.catholic.com/

    ("Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity")


    The place is as serious and mellow as any on the Internet I've ever seen. From your numerous complaints in here, this new forum should be a dream for you: intellectual debate, courtesy, respect, etc. In essence, it's an anti-Soonet.

    I read it sometimes, I am not a member. So, become a member, and start debating Catholic issues with people that are up to your standards.

    No need to rush into it. Lurk for a while if you so choose. But eventually it would be exciting and enlightening to see you take on Catholic issues on such a high-brow forum.

    Looking forward to reading your comments over there in the not-too-distant future. Let's face it, if the only reason you don't dismantle much of Catholic theology and dogma is because of me in here, there is no doubt you'll cherish the chance to slay the Catholic dragon with people like yourself over there.

    If Catholics are wrong, and you are right, this should be an opportunity that has your intellectual juices flowing! After all, it is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity...which is exactly what you've been desiring.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,285

    Default Re: For Blue

    Who says I want to debate? I am aware of many sites where I could debate if I wanted to.
    You are the one who always taunts me to debate. And I won't take your bait.
    I have enough to do, thank you very much. I don't get three months off like you do.
    Last edited by Bluesky; 06-30-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: For Blue

    So RWGR says, "he (Blue) has his hands full with a lay Catholic online!"

    Then he recommends that Blue starts, "..debating Catholic issues with people that are up to your standards."

    And he describes the site as, "400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic". And, "this new forum should be a dream for you: intellectual debate, courtesy, respect, etc"

    and calls it "serious and mellow".

    Isn't that odd. 400,000 at a site discussing all things RC, up to Blue's standards, and yet you claim he can't handle you, a lay Catholic.

    I'm not holding my breath waiting for RWGR to bring any courtesy and respect.

    Or debating skills, for that matter.
    And he says, "I read it sometimes, I am not a member."
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Who says I want to debate? I am aware of many sites where I could debate if I wanted to.
    You are the one who always taunts me to debate. And I won't take your bait.
    I have enough to do, thank you very much. I don't get three months off like you do.
    ..and there you go, people: the Protestant emperor has no clothes...

    He occasionally starts threads here, where he wants to go into very in-depth discussions over certain biblical passages. He begins by posting certain passages that, if debated and discussed properly, could take up multiple pages on their meaning, context,etc.

    Yet he posts this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    I have enough to do, thank you very much. I don't get three months off like you do.
    Strange,that.

    Well, not really.

    We all know it’s because he is afraid of true debate on the issues.Oh, he’ll tell you how interested and desirous he is for substantive and respectful debate; but they are mere words. The guy wouldn’t last five minutes with a Catholic apologist, and he knows it. He knows it all too well, in fact.

    So, he sticks around here, a place he laments often, a place he has “left” or “quit” numerous times, only to return. He’ll lament the inability of others to meet his discussion standards or his debating skills. He is quite good, in fact, in telling others, often, how they fail to meet his standards. Sigh, the poor man puts up with a lot, being around most of us.

    And why is that?

    He needs this place like an addict needs his fix: the addict needs the rush his drug gets him;Blue needs the sense of superiority and intellectual dynamism a place like Soonet gives him. A pastor with advanced degrees in religious studies/ theology, and he keeps wading in the mud of Soonet with the pigs he so often thumbs his nose at.

    Here, he can tell you what is correct, what things mean, etc, and that's it. He is the final arbiter on religious issues.

    It’s why he would never go to Catholic Answers, where people with similar pedigrees discuss the issues that are discussed here at times. He would get his clock cleaned in record time, and he knows it. So, he feigns disgust and tiredness with this place,and many of us; but it’s all a show. He needs this place.

    Alas, dear Soonet, the Protestant emperor has no clothes.

    But many of you figured that out a while ago.
    Last edited by RWGR; 06-30-2016 at 05:31 PM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    So RWGR says, "he (Blue) has his hands full with a lay Catholic online!"

    Then he recommends that Blue starts, "..debating Catholic issues with people that are up to your standards."

    And he describes the site as, "400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic". And, "this new forum should be a dream for you: intellectual debate, courtesy, respect, etc"

    and calls it "serious and mellow".

    Isn't that odd. 400,000 at a site discussing all things RC, up to Blue's standards, and yet you claim he can't handle you, a lay Catholic.

    I'm not holding my breath waiting for RWGR to bring any courtesy and respect.

    Or debating skills, for that matter.
    And he says, "I read it sometimes, I am not a member."
    and this, people, is a classic example of a fart in the wind!!


  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: For Blue

    Blah, blah, blah, the usual shtick!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default Re: For Blue

    Sorry I took your hero down in one, fell swoop, but, hey, somebody had to do it.

    You'll both thank me for it later.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,285

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    So RWGR says, "he (Blue) has his hands full with a lay Catholic online!"

    Then he recommends that Blue starts, "..debating Catholic issues with people that are up to your standards."

    And he describes the site as, "400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic". And, "this new forum should be a dream for you: intellectual debate, courtesy, respect, etc"

    and calls it "serious and mellow".

    Isn't that odd. 400,000 at a site discussing all things RC, up to Blue's standards, and yet you claim he can't handle you, a lay Catholic.

    I'm not holding my breath waiting for RWGR to bring any courtesy and respect.

    Or debating skills, for that matter.
    And he says, "I read it sometimes, I am not a member."
    He doesn't debate anyway. He just quotes others.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,285

    Default Re: For Blue

    The real reason I wont't debate RWGR and there is evidence throughout this forum.. he argues like a child, and it leaves a stink in everyone else's nostrils, because all they see are two Christians fighting.

    And that is the nonsense I don't have time for.
    Numerous posters at Soonet have left this site, ONLY because of RWGR's bullying tactics. Many of my friends have been invited here by myself over the years, only to be driven away by RW's name calling, belittling, shaming and general bullying. He calls this winning. I call it shameful. Hard to believe that there is a grown man behind his keyboard.



    And besides, there are so few left here that nobody cares.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default Re: For Blue

    The naked emperor strikes out in an emotional rant!

    Notice he didn't address any issues. just attacked.

    A man with advanced degrees in the field of religion, and he refuses to go to a site with people like him. Instead, he stays here, where it's safe.

    Should tell you all you need to know about his faith in his own skills.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    He doesn't debate anyway. He just quotes others.
    The naked emperor cannot refute what I said, so he tries to refute the person.

    Notice how he does not want me quoting Catholic apologists. Why? Because he can't match them, it's not even close. In fact, it's quite shocking, for someone in his position.

    A pastor wants to debate and argue with lay people, not people on his own level.

    The guy's a charlatan, people, that should have been pretty easy to see.

  12. #12

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    The real reason I wont't debate RWGR and there is evidence throughout this forum.. he argues like a child, and it leaves a stink in everyone else's nostrils, because all they see are two Christians fighting.

    And that is the nonsense I don't have time for.
    Numerous posters at Soonet have left this site, ONLY because of RWGR's bullying tactics. Many of my friends have been invited here by myself over the years, only to be driven away by RW's name calling, belittling, shaming and general bullying. He calls this winning. I call it shameful. Hard to believe that there is a grown man behind his keyboard.



    And besides, there are so few left here that nobody cares.
    I'd like to think I responsible for some leaving.
    SUP?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Official Cat of Soonet View Post
    I'd like to think I responsible for some leaving.
    His left-hand BM is responsible for mass defections. Blue even admitted as much earlier. Of course, now that I've pulled the curtain to show the powerful and mighty Oz ain't much, he'll target me for some time to come.

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by RWGR View Post
    The naked emperor cannot refute what I said, so he tries to refute the person.

    Notice how he does not want me quoting Catholic apologists. Why? Because he can't match them, it's not even close. In fact, it's quite shocking, for someone in his position.

    A pastor wants to debate and argue with lay people, not people on his own level.

    The guy's a charlatan, people, that should have been pretty easy to see.
    Kinda funny considering the drivel from Roman Catholic apologists is the only source of information RWGR will believe.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Kinda funny considering the drivel from Roman Catholic apologists is the only source of information RWGR will believe.
    That drivel has driven your hero into hiding here more than once.

    Your man can't even beat drivel!!

  16. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    16,882

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Kinda funny considering the drivel from Roman Catholic apologists is the only source of information RWGR will believe.
    Should not be much of a problem for someone with your knowledge on this subject matter to refute said drivel and show the real facts, leading to the real truth.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Should not be much of a problem for someone with your knowledge on this subject matter to refute said drivel and show the real facts, leading to the real truth.
    Excuse me chum, but you won't find one clear instance of RWGR's supposed knowledge of theology absolutely and unequivocally refuting a belief we actually have (NOT one he presumes we have).
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  18. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    16,882

    Default Re: For Blue

    Meaning he does not know what he is talking about, or you are not in agreement with what he is saying?
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  19. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: For Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Meaning he does not know what he is talking about, or you are not in agreement with what he is saying?
    He knows what he can find in the literature about what his church believes, though his actual beliefs are unknown. The bible says, "By their fruit you will know them." You can make your own conclusions about that.

    As to agreement, in fact, the major doctrines of our respective denominations are actually not that far off. But RW has a hate on for Protestants for personal reasons.

    And being part of a denomination is no guarantee that any two people truly believe the same on ALL points. Of course, some denominations can't admit that, but in my interactions with people from MANY denominations, it remains true.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  20. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    16,882

    Default Re: For Blue

    Sounds to me like he knows what he is talking about.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts