Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: One day...

Default Re: One day...

Even the moderators have a problem getting along it would seem.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Some give a damn.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

We get along just fine. That does not mean we have to agree on everything, as that would make for a boring experience.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    We get along just fine. That does not mean we have to agree on everything, as that would make for a boring experience.
    Not entirely true is it Hans? I have seen more and a couple of scathing posts aimed at Barry when others were piling on. That was unethical, unnecessary and only added fuel to the attack. People of authority do not discuss differences in public as that serves to diminish your status. When you are an authority figure one discusses their views in camera,not in public.
    Joseph Joubert

And it is an attack by what standards? What constitutes "an attack"?

Every medal has 2 sides, and I have seen some instances where I felt compelled to make some kind of public statement.
    It does have something to do with ethics, but not in the negative way you portray it.
    If people have a point they have a point, and I have no problem to admit in public they have a point.

Now if you were wondering why it is so silent on here, it is simple: certain people are making a point. I think they are making their point rather well actually.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

And it is an attack by what standards? What constitutes "an attack"?

Every medal has 2 sides, and I have seen some instances where I felt compelled to make some kind of public statement.
    It does have something to do with ethics, but not in the negative way you portray it.
    If people have a point they have a point, and I have no problem to admit in public they have a point.

Now if you were wondering why it is so silent on here, it is simple: certain people are making a point. I think they are making their point rather well actually.
    When a review was asked for of a certain member's posts, Admin banned him permanently. AND his alter ego had to have his posts approved by a mod. So it was with no small satisfaction I put that alter ego on ignore when he began to send me nasty PM's.

There are people who are not in the least concerned about attacks on others. "Not an issue" is the usual response. Of course, not an issue to them is the reality. And if it has become clear that the care and safety of others is not their concern, then it is easy to see where at least part of the fault lies.

And that is just making a point!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    . And if it has become clear that the care and safety of others
    Are you saying members were crying out for help in the name of "care and safety" from this web site? If so, I feel pity for those who take a BBS so serious. Their life must be in absolute turmoil in the day to day struggles of reality. I can't even imagine allowing this site or any other to have so much control over ones life that they would pursue admin to review their post. In my view, if this was the biggest problem I was facing, I would consider myself to be fortunate and blessed knowing I have the power to walk away at any time.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Are you saying members were crying out for help in the name of "care and safety" from this web site? If so, I feel pity for those who take a BBS so serious. Their life must be in absolute turmoil in the day to day struggles of reality. I can't even imagine allowing this site or any other to have so much control over ones life that they would pursue admin to review their post. In my view, if this was the biggest problem I was facing, I would consider myself to be fortunate and blessed knowing I have the power to walk away at any time.
    Nope, wasn't saying that at all.

If people asked for clarification before ranting, we'd have a lot less trouble.

Nope, wasn't saying that at all.

If people asked for clarification before ranting, we'd have a lot less trouble.
    Wasn't trying to strike a nerve Barry. There's no need for you to be defensive. My point is people have a choice to be here or not. If it becomes stressful to the point that they need someone to be removed then it's a healthy choice to let go and leave the site.

As for trouble.....it appears highly unlikely with only a few people posting.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Wasn't trying to strike a nerve Barry. There's no need for you to be defensive. My point is people have a choice to be here or not. If it becomes stressful to the point that they need someone to be removed then it's a healthy choice to let go and leave the site.

As for trouble.....it appears highly unlikely with only a few people posting.
    Since you are obviously talking to someone else, I'll leave this conversation.

I will always take issue with bullies, especially when their true intent is revealed in PM's!!
    Or in their posts or the people they run off?????????
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Or in their posts or the people they run off?????????
    And your consistent nastiness has no effect??

Still nothing better to do ?

I know of quite a few who left due to the constant derision. There were yet others who left simply due to the constant turmoil and the hijacking of threads. Many came here to natter, visit, commiserate, or simply exchange banter. That, unfortunately, became impossible.
    Joseph Joubert

Don't worry Pegger you and Barry have the place pretty much to yourself now.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Don't worry Pegger you and Barry have the place pretty much to yourself now.
    An 18 year run is not bad, and this site has apparently outlasted most of the other Vianet BBS. So if those who only come to insult people are gone, I certainly have no problem with it.

An 18-year run is not bad, and this site has apparently outlasted most of the other Vianet BBS. So if those who only come to insult people are gone, I certainly have no problem with it.
    No problem with it doing what? Folding or starting over.
    Joseph Joubert

No problem with it doing what? Folding or starting over.
    With the insulters gone.

Well, that is a rather bold statement to make Barry.

Well, that is a rather bold statement to make Barry.
    Why is that? They were a very large part of the problem. Those of a milder nature or those not quite as adept with the English language were put upon in numbers. Beaten into submission until they gave up and left. I feel compelled to say RWGR was not guilty of the brow beating of those people, he and Barry were/are? at one another constantly to the exclusion of any and all threads prior to RW's forced sabbatical this time round.
    Joseph Joubert

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information