Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99

Thread: Ravi Zacharias video clip

  1. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    16,882

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    And you know that how?
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  2. #22
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    And you know that how?
    I can read, I don't automatically accept political correctness, and I have an open mind.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  3. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    16,882

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    I disagree with you having an open mind.

    But I was more referring to your last sentence "God knows the heart."

    How do you know that? Did you read that somewhere, heard it somewhere?
    Or is it simply a conclusion, or something you believe to be correct?
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  4. #24
    Senior Member Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bonnyville, Alberta
    Posts
    6,439

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    I believe that Christians have all kinds of formulas and practices to "come to God". And many of them we don't fully understand.

    But in the end, God knows each man's heart. And if that heart seeks God, God knows it and takes it in.
    The word "Christian", itself, means follower of Christ therefore there are no secret formulas or practises to come to GOD.
    GOD said "This is my beloved Son, hear ye him"!
    The only way to be saved, according to The Bible, is to believe in faith that Jesus is The Christ, was crucified for a payment of sins & defeated death on the third day.
    "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

    To attest that there are other ways to please GOD & come to Him makes me wonder if they are really Christian at all.
    How Bout Them Cowgirls?


  5. #25
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,509

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    There has to be a special place in Hell for those such as myself. When confronted with a query for an identifier I identify myself Christian. More to avoid drawn conversations than complacency. As an agnostic, I am choosing to use a bald faced lie rather than to engage in defending my stance. In my defense, I was brought up staunchly Catholic and changed my views in my 20's.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  6. #26
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    The word "Christian", itself, means follower of Christ therefore there are no secret formulas or practises to come to GOD.
    GOD said "This is my beloved Son, hear ye him"!
    The only way to be saved, according to The Bible, is to believe in faith that Jesus is The Christ, was crucified for a payment of sins & defeated death on the third day.
    "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

    To attest that there are other ways to please GOD & come to Him makes me wonder if they are really Christian at all.
    Barney, i'm quite sure that anyone who accepts in his heart what you have said will be saved.

    But there's a few thing that have gotten me to thinking over the years.. I find it funny that Bluesky calls ME an absolutist, when I see a sentence like "the only way..." etc.

    Can a child be saved?? Of course we believe that. How much of that sentence can a child understand?? IMO, not much, BUT he can be and is saved if he trusts.

    And one who seeks God, with no knowledge of Jesus at all. Does God see his heart? Indeed he does, and I believe he will be saved when he seeks God. Hopefully, he goes on and learns more, but I believe that salvation can come long before knowledge. Trust in the key.

    And, BTW, did Jesus make the way for such a one?? Absolutely, even as He did for such as Job, who never heard His name, or knew who He is.

    What do you think, Barney.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,285

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    When I say you are an absolutist, I am referring to your strong belief in your own opinion. You come dangerously close to denying the biblical gospel. That is, that Jesus Christ died for the sins of mankind, and that we must believe in Him as our Saviour. Barney is absolutely right. A Christian is a follower of Christ.

    If a person is sincerely seeking as a Muslim, and becomes a more faithful Muslim as a result, I ask you again, is that person a Christian? Yes or no please.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  8. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    When I say you are an absolutist, I am referring to your strong belief in your own opinion. You come dangerously close to denying the biblical gospel. That is, that Jesus Christ died for the sins of mankind, and that we must believe in Him as our Saviour. Barney is absolutely right. A Christian is a follower of Christ.

    If a person is sincerely seeking as a Muslim, and becomes a more faithful Muslim as a result, I ask you again, is that person a Christian? Yes or no please.
    Do I absolutely trust God? Yes, and just because you don't like the way I word my statements makes no difference to me.

    As far as anyone's salvation is concerned, I think I'll let God decide.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    16,882

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Do I absolutely trust God? Yes, and just because you don't like the way I word my statements makes no difference to me.

    As far as anyone's salvation is concerned, I think I'll let God decide.
    "and just because you don't like the way I word my statements makes no difference to me"

    As I said before: I disagree with you having an open mind.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  10. #30
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    "and just because you don't like the way I word my statements makes no difference to me"

    As I said before: I disagree with you having an open mind.
    OK by me!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,285

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Do I absolutely trust God? Yes, and just because you don't like the way I word my statements makes no difference to me.

    As far as anyone's salvation is concerned, I think I'll let God decide.

    He has already decided. He told us plainly.
    You're not listening.
    You prefer your own opinion.
    You spin the gospel to make it more palatable to your sensitivities.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,509

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    He has already decided. He told us plainly.
    You're not listening.
    You prefer your own opinion.
    You spin the gospel to make it more palatable to your sensitivities.
    Hence my problem with anyone translating the Bible. We all, bar none, have an agenda, a bias that will out regardless.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  13. #33
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Hence my problem with anyone translating the Bible. We all, bar none, have an agenda, a bias that will out regardless.
    Quite right.

    However, I wish I could get some explanations, particularly about the differences between a child being saved and an educated adult.

    Also some clarification of EXACTLY what one must BELIEVE to be saved, from Blue's point of view.

    The bible says,. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Believe what?? As much as a child or as much as a theologian?? Or where is the line drawn??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  14. #34
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    As in politics, especially lately, there are some things folks just don't want to consider.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  15. #35
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Quite right.

    However, I wish I could get some explanations, particularly about the differences between a child being saved and an educated adult.

    Also some clarification of EXACTLY what one must BELIEVE to be saved, from Blue's point of view.

    The bible says,. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Believe what?? As much as a child or as much as a theologian?? Or where is the line drawn??
    Bluesky dumps anyone who questions.

    He is not the only one.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    It's always nice when people find common ground!
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post

    The bible says,. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Believe what?? As much as a child or as much as a theologian?? Or where is the line drawn??
    Satan believes in Jesus, is he saved?
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Bluesky dumps anyone who questions.

    He is not the only one.
    Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

    Mat 7:5
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  19. #39
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Satan believes in Jesus, is he saved?
    Thanks for making my point.

    No discussion.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  20. #40
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

    Mat 7:5
    Very aware of that verse.

    It's the kind of thing Trump would say to anyone who points out HIS deficiencies.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts