Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99

Thread: Ravi Zacharias video clip

  1. #61
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    That would be true, but are there any people who believe they are saved simply because of what church they attend?

    Without question, one of the most diabolical theologies satan has ever given man is the idea of "once saved, always saved"

    What an incredibly dangerous and un-biblical teaching.
    We wern't talking about that belief in the least. But hey, I'm not surprised that you keep bringing it up, since you don't understand it at all.

    No, not don't. Won't
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  2. #62
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Yes, anyone is redeemable.

    But that has nothing to do with "believe in Jesus and you are saved"

    Satan believes in Jesus, is he saved?
    Why don't you answer the question, and explain it to us.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    We wern't talking about that belief in the least. But hey, I'm not surprised that you keep bringing it up, since you don't understand it at all.

    No, not don't. Won't
    We were talking about dangerous beliefs. Your belief of Once Saved Always Saved is one of the more dangerous ones.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Why don't you answer the question, and explain it to us.
    I don't believe he is saved, because merely believing in Jesus is not enough to be saved.

    Now, your turn ...
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Now, your turn ...
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  6. #66
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    I don't believe he is saved, because merely believing in Jesus is not enough to be saved.

    Now, your turn ...
    Well, I guess if I believed in Jesus, I'd believe what He said, correct? So obviously, something is a little different. Maybe trust?? Which I think I said before.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  7. #67
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    We were talking about dangerous beliefs. Your belief of Once Saved Always Saved is one of the more dangerous ones.
    Paul knew the way some would interpret that, and spoke about it.

    But you don't know your bible that well, because the denomination you call your "salvation" doesn't want you to know it.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Well, I guess if I believed in Jesus, I'd believe what He said, correct? So obviously, something is a little different. Maybe trust?? Which I think I said before.
    So then simply believing in Jesus is not enough.

    Thank you.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Paul knew the way some would interpret that, and spoke about it.

    But you don't know your bible that well, because the denomination you call your "salvation" doesn't want you to know it.
    So in your childish attacks and avoidance of the issue we can assume you cannot back up your unbiblical belief.

    Thank you.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  10. #70
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    So then simply believing in Jesus is not enough.

    Thank you.
    Seems to me that believing in this instance means a lot of things, some of which Satan would reject.

    Depends on your point of view. A rejecting one, for example.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  11. #71
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    So in your childish attacks and avoidance of the issue we can assume you cannot back up your unbiblical belief.

    Thank you.
    Would be unbiblical is you could explain how a born again, Holy Spirit filled child of God could end up in hell.

    Do remember the Prodigal Son. He lost his inheritance, but still remained a son.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Would be unbiblical is you could explain how a born again, Holy Spirit filled child of God could end up in hell.

    Do remember the Prodigal Son. He lost his inheritance, but still remained a son.
    Correct, but he was forgiven because he was contrite of heart.

    The Prodigal Son has nothing to do with Once Saved, Always Saved.

    Mark 4:16 (Luke 8:13) "And in a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy; (they believe for a while) and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.

    Galatians 5:4 "You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."

    If you are "severed from Christ" then that means at one time you were one with Him. You can't be severed from something you were never a part of.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  13. #73
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Correct, but he was forgiven because he was contrite of heart.

    The Prodigal Son has nothing to do with Once Saved, Always Saved.

    Mark 4:16 (Luke 8:13) "And in a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy; (they believe for a while) and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.

    Galatians 5:4 "You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."

    If you are "severed from Christ" then that means at one time you were one with Him. You can't be severed from something you were never a part of.
    The Prodigal is a prime example of one who walked away from the Father, yet always remained a son. Once a son, always a son.

    Please consider this: https://carm.org/does-galatians54-te...-our-salvation
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  14. #74
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    The Prodigal is a prime example of one who walked away from the Father, yet always remained a son. Once a son, always a son.

    Please consider this: https://carm.org/does-galatians54-te...-our-salvation
    You're getting the wrong message from the story of the Prodigal Son.

    The message is this: no matter how previous our past acts and sins, God will accept you back if you are contrite of heart.

    In the story, God is represented as the father, and mankind is the son. The son (man) rejects the father (God), yet when the son returns and is honestly contrite, the father accepts him and forgives him.

    If Once Saved Always Saved were true, the story of the Prodigal Son would not make any sense, let alone even be needed. Why? Because no one is capable of falling away.

    Human history has shown us, of course, that this is simply untrue.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  15. #75
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  16. #76
    Senior Member Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bonnyville, Alberta
    Posts
    6,439

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Also note:

    Heb 3:14
    For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

    If we are saved & can never fall away, why would Paul Say "For if we are faithful to the end" ?

    Note the IF in that passage
    How Bout Them Cowgirls?


  17. #77
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    You're getting the wrong message from the story of the Prodigal Son.

    The message is this: no matter how previous our past acts and sins, God will accept you back if you are contrite of heart.

    In the story, God is represented as the father, and mankind is the son. The son (man) rejects the father (God), yet when the son returns and is honestly contrite, the father accepts him and forgives him.

    If Once Saved Always Saved were true, the story of the Prodigal Son would not make any sense, let alone even be needed. Why? Because no one is capable of falling away.

    Human history has shown us, of course, that this is simply untrue.
    The story of the Prodigal makes perfect sense IF one recognizes that not all are legitimate children of God. The Prodigal was always a legitimate son, and because of that, could not fall away. There ARE illegitimate sons, and they are never saved. Please note the words of the Father to the elder son, "All that I have is yours". That shows the loss of the junior, but his salvation was never in question.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  18. #78
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Also note:

    Heb 3:14
    For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

    If we are saved & can never fall away, why would Paul Say "For if we are faithful to the end" ?

    Note the IF in that passage
    I not the "if". But the "share in Christ" doesn't mean salvation, since the bible calls the saved His "brothers" And a relationship like that cannot end, just like our earthly relationships cannot end.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  19. #79
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,745

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Find me in your Catholic tradition where one can be unborn again, unfilled with the Spirit, become NOT a son any longer, and a brother no more.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  20. #80
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Ravi Zacharias video clip

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Also note:

    Heb 3:14
    For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

    If we are saved & can never fall away, why would Paul Say "For if we are faithful to the end" ?

    Note the IF in that passage
    You nailed it, Barney
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts