Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trump fires FBI Director Comey

Default Trump fires FBI Director Comey

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...tor-comey.html

I am sure he will turn up in a lucrative position somewhere else, as reward for the good deeds he did.

But I cannot wonder but question if it is a good idea to give the President of the USA the ability to fire and replace top law enforcement officials?
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Default Re: Trump fires FBI Director Comey

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...tor-comey.html

I am sure he will turn up in a lucrative position somewhere else, as reward for the good deeds he did.

But I cannot wonder but question if it is a good idea to give the President of the USA the ability to fire and replace top law enforcement officials?
    Well ,you can't really fire someone by committee.

The vetting and committee work is done during the nomination process. A firing cannot be held hostage to the partisan whims of bi-partisan committees and long delays. That's not to say all firings are the right moves, or that a president won't abuse the privilege, but I don't know how else you fire someone.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

The problem is the person who fires him will also appoint his replacement.
    With the Russia probe being all over the news, the timing is not that great.
    Not to mention the appointment will be someone friendly to the current administration, making it look like a way to silence the Russia probe.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

The person who fired him will nominate the next person. If that person gets the job, or not, is dependent on the Senate (aka: one hundred individuals), not one individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    The person who fired him will nominate the next person. If that person gets the job, or not, is dependent on the Senate (aka one hundred individuals), not one individual.
    A wise President would, as a matter of course, make every attempt to garner a majority in advance of any vote.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Correct.

I see Ann Coulter is about ready to jump the Trump ship.

Yikes!!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/14/an...rs-were-right/

Twould seem his 'ship' is no more stable than he.
    Joseph Joubert

It's a shame, because it's obvious his conservative fiscal policies work, the stock market is smashing records, while his monthly job creation numbers make Obama's look anemic. But, alas, will the damage he does to the Conservative brand be too much for it to overcome?

Sometimes you have to make major changes to bring the best out of people.

The stock market is of little surprise, he has lied to other businessmen in the past and has mastered the art. He has all the finesse of a bull in a china shop, he galumphs about like a puppy saying what people want to hear with little enough care for the implementation of his works.
    Joseph Joubert

Very poor rebuttal, Anapeg.

The Stock Market smashing records is not a coincidence. The job creations are not a coincidence. Conservative fiscal policies are eminently superior to liberal ones in this area. The proof is abundant in this case.

I mean, you're right about his lack of finesse, and it could very well be his undoing, but the rise in stocks is not due to lies and manipulation.
    Last edited by Aristotle; 05-17-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Very poor rebuttal, Anapeg.

The Stock Market smashing records is not a coincidence. The job creations are not a coincidence. Conservative fiscal policies are eminently superior to liberal ones in this area. The proof is abundant in this case.

I mean, you're right about his lack of finesse, and it could very well be his undoing, but the rise in stocks is not due to lies and manipulation.
    He is a master at manipulating companies to do his will, he has made a life out of it. His past of failing to pay is more out of necessity than frugality in my opinion. Screwing over the small businessman to have the cash to impress the larger businessmen is not a way of endearing oneself to those about him. He talks elephant dung and does flea pee. Markets react to news, positive and otherwise. At some point, there will be a reckoning and there we shall see of what his character is made.
    Joseph Joubert

The stock market is controlled by investors. The companies listed on the stock market are not directly responsible for the records of the stock market. It is the confidence of the investors that is responsible for that.
    And while some might be swayed by smooth words, there is no way you can sway them all just with words.

He is a master at manipulating companies to do his will, he has made a life out of it.

Did he manipulate them, or convince him? What does a successful person do? Probably both. And how, exactly, does one man manipulate an entire company to do his bidding, if the company does not, in some way, make out in the agreement? Not too many "man, I dealt with Trump, and boy did I get screwed" stories out there that I know of.

Screwing over the small businessman to have the cash to impress the larger businessmen is not a way of endearing oneself to those about him.

That's quite an accusation to level at someone. Just as you would, rightly so, want proof of such things if someone made such an accusation of you, would you care to provide proof of Mr. Trump doing so to small businessmen?

He talks elephant dung and does flea pee. Markets react to news, positive and otherwise. At some point, there will be a reckoning and there we shall see of what his character is made

Hmmmm, it seems you're inferring that the Stock Market is made up of big businessmen, whom Trump manipulates at will. Yet over half of all stocks reside in the pockets of Mr and Mrs Joe and Josephine Average.

How, praytell, does Messr Trump manipulate them?

It would seem we will forever be divided, time, I feel, will prove me correct, for that we will need patience.
    Joseph Joubert

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information