Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my new hero

The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Default Re: my new hero

Not a JT fan, Blue?
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

Thumbs down Re: my new hero

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Not a JT fan, Blue?
    Not hardly...

Any particular reasons?

He is solidly into identity politics.

He populated his cabinet with 50% female members. Gender based choices, not competence based.

(And yet only 23% of his MP's are females)

Now he is discriminating against non-profits by limiting grants to only those who can check off the little box that assures him that we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, and whether or not we believe in abortion rights. If we do not believe in abortion rights for women, we are automatically disqualified. And Christian summer camps have to affirm that they would not discriminate against hiring gays, bi's or any other faddish gender expression madness is out there,

It's getting like first century Rome, where, in order to save one's life you just had to offer a pinch of incense to Caesar and say the magic words, Caesar is Lord.

You would then get a certificate that exonerated you as a "Christian"

I am glad that I was never in a position where I had to apply for a grant.

But to your question, more generally, I have always been small 'c' conservative. I do not hold to the fundamental 'goodness' of the human being that only needs some anger management to fix our problem. I believe that we all have a dark side, and without the proper checks, we would all tip the world in the direction of hell. In fact, that seems to be the direction we are headed in anyhow.

Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post

He populated his cabinet with 50% female members. Gender based choices, not competence based.

(And yet only 23% of his MP's are females)

Now he is discriminating against non-profits by limiting grants to only those who can check off the little box that assures him that we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, and whether or not we believe in abortion rights. If we do not believe in abortion rights for women, we are automatically disqualified. And Christian summer camps have to affirm that they would not discriminate against hiring gays, bi's or any other faddish gender expression madness is out there,

It's getting like first century Rome, where, in order to save one's life you just had to offer a pinch of incense to Caesar and say the magic words, Caesar is Lord.

You would then get a certificate that exonerated you as a "Christian"

I am glad that I was never in a position where I had to apply for a grant.

But to your question, more generally, I have always been small 'c' conservative. I do not hold to the fundamental 'goodness' of the human being that only needs some anger management to fix our problem. I believe that we all have a dark side, and without the proper checks, we would all tip the world in the direction of hell. In fact, that seems to be the direction we are headed in anyhow.

Have a nice day

The problem with your way of thinking is that it in fact is the same as JT. You don't want to check the box because you don't believe in abortion.

Same way of thinking, just in the opposite direction.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Nonsense. This is about governance, not a mere way of thinking. If it were merely a way of thinking this would be no problem at all. Trudeau can think any way he wants to. But when he proposes legislation to make me think like he does, it is an imposition of his views upon mine, specifically in the arena of religion, when the constitution supposedly protects me from that.

It's getting worse. Now in Ontario, doctors who have a conscience that disallows them to euthanize patients must actively refer patients requesting such to a doctor who has no conscience about it. That too is an imposition upon the freedom of conscience and religion.

I can certainly see that in him.

It's a terrible way to run anything, let alone a government.

Nonsense. This is about governance, not a mere way of thinking. If it were merely a way of thinking this would be no problem at all. Trudeau can think any way he wants to. But when he proposes legislation to make me think like he does, it is an imposition of his views upon mine, specifically in the arena of religion, when the constitution supposedly protects me from that.

It's getting worse. Now in Ontario, doctors who have a conscience that disallows them to euthanize patients must actively refer patients requesting such to a doctor who has no conscience about it. That too is an imposition upon the freedom of conscience and religion.

Tell me what he makes you do?
    I bet he makes you do nothing.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

What in the world are you talking about, Hans?

What in the world are you talking about, Hans?
    "But when he proposes legislation to make me think like he does, it is an imposition of his views upon mine, specifically in the arena of religion, when the constitution supposedly protects me from that."

Hans, that's what legislation is about. to make you do something. Yes, he is making organizations agree with his point of view, and if you do not agree, you are punished. You will not receive funding.

So basically you throw away your organization's principles over money, because of legislation.

What should be done is fight the legislation, by collecting money so you don't require the funding, followed by a legal battle to change the legislation.
    If it is true what you stated, than it sounds to me there is a legal case for discrimination based on religious beliefs.

Exactly. It is being fought. So far, there is no sign of movement on the part of the govt. All they have done so far is to extend the deadline.
    Last edited by Bluesky; 02-09-2018 at 04:47 PM.

I am willing to wager Justin Trudeau would be hard pressed to find anyone in the now vast majority of Canadians who would take the time to piss on him were he aflame. Having said that I would never rule out a final buzzer Hail Mary tax deal getting the clot re-elected. Canadians have a long-standing history as an electorate having insanely short memories.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

He will be relying on Peoplekind to support him

What a maroon

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    He will be relying on Peoplekind to support him

What a maroon
    Sorry, I had forgotten **** Heads last faux pas.
    Joseph Joubert

They should elect me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    They should elect me!
    Deja vu...
    Joseph Joubert

No cookies for you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information