Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 97 of 97

Thread: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

  1. #81
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Let me know when you find a dog leading a man around on a leash!
    Hans, this is why I am afraid (for you) of your logic. You will argue to ridiculous ends in order to maintain the illusion that you are correct, rather than objectively following the path of reason to see where it will take you.

    Having a superior sense of smell is one specific way in which a dog is superior to a human. i.e. a dog has a superior sense of smell. (Of course if it is a rose that he smells, he will trample it on his way to get to the steak, while a man will pluck it to give to his dinner date.)
    However, the statement Man is superior to dog is a general statement.
    Now prove that a dog is superior to man generally, by adding up ALL of the faculties that make for a dog and a human, and compare them.

    I think it might be more useful to say that a human is of greater value than an animal. But I am sure you will argue that point as well.
    Go back to 1940, then tell me what superiority resulted in.
    This is the issue with stating you are superior, or have more value.
    Value is not exactly the same as superior, but it comes close.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  2. #82
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    If science had the basic blocks of the puzzle then the puzzle would be together by now. If the puzzle is not together by now, which it is not, then perhaps that tells us science does not know all, and certainly cannot explain all.

    As for your "it's just a matter of time" comment, that holds no weight in a serious conversation. Unless, of course, you allow me to say it's just a matter of time before God shows Himself to all humanity, and all will know He exists, which of course you would not allow me, because it is pure conjecture and 'what ifs'.

    This is also a common statement used to backup someones believes. "it's just a matter of time before God shows Himself to all humanity, and all will know He exists"
    Problem is He never has.
    And if it ever were to happen, it would not sit well with some other major religions who would instantly claim this is their God and not yours.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  3. #83
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,528

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    And if it ever were to happen, it would not sit well with some other major religions who would instantly claim this is their God and not yours.
    Hansy, you're showing some ignorance here.

    If "God" shows Himself, and claims Jesus is His Son, then it's a done deal: He's the Christian God, and none other.

    He's the God of all, of course; but it will show it was Christians who got it right, believed right, however you want to say it.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,528

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Go back to 1940, then tell me what superiority resulted in.
    This is the issue with stating you are superior, or have more value.
    Value is not exactly the same as superior, but it comes close.
    Hansy, you're making me sad

    It's like you went to the School of False Premises during our absence here.

    1) Some claim man is a superior being

    2) Hitler was a man

    3) Therefore, man is not a superior being



    Be better than that, Hansy!
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,361

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Go back to 1940, then tell me what superiority resulted in.
    This is the issue with stating you are superior, or have more value.
    Value is not exactly the same as superior, but it comes close.
    Hans is the master of equivocation
    Maybe we ought to define exactly what is meant by superior. Superior in morality? Superior in intelligence? Superior in a sense of smell?

    .
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  6. #86
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Hansy, you're showing some ignorance here.

    If "God" shows Himself, and claims Jesus is His Son, then it's a done deal: He's the Christian God, and none other.

    He's the God of all, of course; but it will show it was Christians who got it right, believed right, however you want to say it.
    I would be careful with that statement. How would you know it is God?
    And I think there was something in the bible that says not to believe anyone who says he/she is God, or something along those lines.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  7. #87
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Hans is the master of equivocation
    Maybe we ought to define exactly what is meant by superior. Superior in morality? Superior in intelligence? Superior in a sense of smell?

    .
    Each of those is better in their own kind, but not superior.
    It's a problem that only exists with humankind, considering themselves superior. I don't think that line of thinking exists with any other living being on this planet besides us.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  8. #88
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,361

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    It's a problem that only exists with humankind, considering themselves superior.
    Who says it is a problem? It is either true or it isn't. I say it is true. You say it isn't.
    Does either one of us have a superior argument? Is truth superior to non-truth?
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  9. #89
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,361

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  10. #90
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Who says it is a problem? It is either true or it isn't. I say it is true. You say it isn't.
    Does either one of us have a superior argument? Is truth superior to non-truth?
    Those apply to different circumstances.
    What I was specifically talking about was human superiority, and how we are the only species on this planet that would make a statement we are superior to any other life form on this planet.

    This has led to many armed and other conflicts all over the world and all throughout history.
    So you have to come to the conclusion it is a serious problem that we would need to solve in order to survive as a species.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  11. #91
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  12. #92
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,778

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Name one other animal who knows what history is.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  13. #93
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Name one other animal who knows what history is.
    Fire ant.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  14. #94
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,528

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  15. #95
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Fire ants solved traffic jams long before we had cars.

    https://arstechnica.com/science/2018...ing-fire-ants/
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

  16. #96
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,778

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Ho hum.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  17. #97
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,029

    Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Created. like they were in the Garden of Eden.


    Okay. Perhaps that can be a different thread.



    Physically in the same dimension.



    Jesus said that "Narrow is the gate and few there be that will go in" Again, you are mistaken in your assumption. Everyone who has ever lived will not be in heaven. Including you, (because, of course you do not have a soul that needs to be saved).




    Actually, I am not trying to accomplish anything. This is simply what the Bible teaches, as best I can understand it.

    Let's just say you end up where you believe you might end up.
    Where would you live in this new world? Would you still speak English? What type of clothing would you wear? How would you look when you look at yourself in a mirror? Would you still breath in air? What would you eat? Where would you get food? And the top question of it all: what would you do all day?
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts