Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

Default Re: Do Christians go to Heaven When they Die?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Let me know when you find a dog leading a man around on a leash!
    Hans, this is why I am afraid (for you) of your logic. You will argue to ridiculous ends in order to maintain the illusion that you are correct, rather than objectively following the path of reason to see where it will take you.

Having a superior sense of smell is one specific way in which a dog is superior to a human. i.e. a dog has a superior sense of smell. (Of course if it is a rose that he smells, he will trample it on his way to get to the steak, while a man will pluck it to give to his dinner date.)
    However, the statement Man is superior to dog is a general statement.
    Now prove that a dog is superior to man generally, by adding up ALL of the faculties that make for a dog and a human, and compare them.

I think it might be more useful to say that a human is of greater value than an animal. But I am sure you will argue that point as well.
    Go back to 1940, then tell me what superiority resulted in.
    This is the issue with stating you are superior, or have more value.
    Value is not exactly the same as superior, but it comes close.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    If science had the basic blocks of the puzzle then the puzzle would be together by now. If the puzzle is not together by now, which it is not, then perhaps that tells us science does not know all, and certainly cannot explain all.

As for your "it's just a matter of time" comment, that holds no weight in a serious conversation. Unless, of course, you allow me to say it's just a matter of time before God shows Himself to all humanity, and all will know He exists, which of course you would not allow me, because it is pure conjecture and 'what ifs'.

This is also a common statement used to backup someones believes. "it's just a matter of time before God shows Himself to all humanity, and all will know He exists"
    Problem is He never has.
    And if it ever were to happen, it would not sit well with some other major religions who would instantly claim this is their God and not yours.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    And if it ever were to happen, it would not sit well with some other major religions who would instantly claim this is their God and not yours.
    Hansy, you're showing some ignorance here.

If "God" shows Himself, and claims Jesus is His Son, then it's a done deal: He's the Christian God, and none other.

He's the God of all, of course; but it will show it was Christians who got it right, believed right, however you want to say it.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Hansy, you're making me sad

It's like you went to the School of False Premises during our absence here.

1) Some claim man is a superior being

2) Hitler was a man

3) Therefore, man is not a superior being

Be better than that, Hansy!
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

Hans is the master of equivocation
    Maybe we ought to define exactly what is meant by superior. Superior in morality? Superior in intelligence? Superior in a sense of smell?

The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Hansy, you're showing some ignorance here.

If "God" shows Himself, and claims Jesus is His Son, then it's a done deal: He's the Christian God, and none other.

He's the God of all, of course; but it will show it was Christians who got it right, believed right, however you want to say it.
    I would be careful with that statement. How would you know it is God?
    And I think there was something in the bible that says not to believe anyone who says he/she is God, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Hans is the master of equivocation
    Maybe we ought to define exactly what is meant by superior. Superior in morality? Superior in intelligence? Superior in a sense of smell?

Each of those is better in their own kind, but not superior.
    It's a problem that only exists with humankind, considering themselves superior. I don't think that line of thinking exists with any other living being on this planet besides us.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information