Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dead Sea Scroll fragments discovered to be ‘fakes’ at the Museum of the Bible

Default Re: Dead Sea Scroll fragments discovered to be ‘fakes’ at the Museum of the Bible

Suggest you look up "the greatest commandments".
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Default Re: Dead Sea Scroll fragments discovered to be ‘fakes’ at the Museum of the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Says who? Jesus or God?
    And nowhere does it say you have sinned "if you missed it." That's something you added.
    errr. that's the precise definition of sin. "Missing the mark"

The term hamartia derives from the Greek ἁμαρτία, from ἁμαρτάνειν hamartánein, which means "to miss the mark" or "to err".[1][2] It is most often associated with Greek tragedy, although it is also used in Christian theology
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamartia
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Jesus said, Love God with all your heart. Hans, if you missed that today, you sinned.
    Can you honestly say every day of your life you have followed this commandment? You never put anything before God?

If you say yes, you are lying.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    errr. that's the precise definition of sin. "Missing the mark"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamartia

What mark, mine, yours or his?
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

What mark, mine, yours or his?
    Hans, you keep changing the subject under discussion.
    I was merely pointing out your mistake in saying that sin does not mean 'missing the mark.

Now you are asking whose mark (or target) we are talking about. Very well. Whose commandments were given to Moses? And why are you even discussing this? You don't believe in God.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Hans, you keep changing the subject under discussion.
    I was merely pointing out your mistake in saying that sin does not mean 'missing the mark.

Now you are asking whose mark (or target) we are talking about. Very well. Whose commandments were given to Moses? And why are you even discussing this? You don't believe in God.
    Well, it all started with me linking a news article that discussed some fake scrolls.
    It got hijacked by a certain individual, and now we end up talking about marks and sins.
    So I am not the one who keeps changing the subject.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Can you honestly say every day of your life you have followed this commandment? You never put anything before God?

If you say yes, you are lying.
    Quite right, which is why I would never say that. But that's where being a born-again child of God comes in. Even though I sin, I'm still His child.

Well, it all started with me linking a news article that discussed some fake scrolls.
    It got hijacked by a certain individual, and now we end up talking about marks and sins.
    So I am not the one who keeps changing the subject.
    So getting back to it, we know you hate it when archaeology finds yet another proof of the bible record. In this case, somebody got suckered, but it ain't like THAT has never happened to a scientist before!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    So getting back to it, we know you hate it when archaeology finds yet another proof of the bible record. In this case, somebody got suckered, but it ain't like THAT has never happened to a scientist before!!
    Hate is a bit of a strong word, no?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information