Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2019 NHL playoffs

Default 2019 NHL playoffs

I can't remember a year with so many first round upsets. Unless you were shooting for the under dogs in both the east and west, your playoff bracket probably looks as bad as mine....lol

On the upside, this opens it right up for the unexpected. At this point I won't even hazard a guess on who'll meet in the finals.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Default Re: 2019 NHL playoffs

My fantasy team consisted of only Tampa and Calgary players. I might not win.

The first year I go with only players from the two teams that I believed would play in the Final.

This has been a pretty amazing first round, but I wonder if it's the right format. Some years it seems like the best hockey is round one.

Leafs/Bruins was a great series for the most part. But it doesn't seem right that one of those two teams are done playing hockey before April is out.

I'd like to see the league do a 1-16 seeding based on overall standings. It will never happen, because it would increase travel for many, and the league loves to try and manufacture regional rivalries. But it would give a richer reward to teams that finished at the top of the standings. You should get more of a reward for finishing well over an 82-game schedule.

But if it did, this is what we'd have in Rd 1:

Vegas @ TB
    Dal @ Cal
    Mont @ Bos
    Clbs @ Wash
    StL @ NYI
    Car @ SJ
    Wpg @ Tor
    Pitt @ Nash
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

Default Re: 2019 NHL playoffs

Some of those match ups would have been great hockey. I could just imagine how physical the StL @ NYI or the CBJ @ Wash would have been. And I would have to agree that not rewarding the teams for their regular season success just doesn't make sense.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information