'Hotlanta' is even more sweltering in these neighborhoods due to a racist 20th century policy.

The staggering temperature difference is due in large part to historical redlining, a federal government-sanctioned effort that began in the 1930s that amplified segregation by denying loans and insurance to potential home buyers in poorer neighborhoods and neighborhoods of color.
While the racist practice was banned in the late 1960s, its effect is still apparent.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/18/weath...ate/index.html

"I went to get groceries the other day and I thought I was going to pass out." Scott told CNN. She said she suffers from high blood pressure and diabetes, which are underlying health conditions made worse by excessive heat.
Keeping the lights on is hard enough financially for Scott, and so many other disadvantaged community members, let alone having access to reliable air conditioning.

Well, yes. Most homes in Italy do not have air conditioning either... Suffering from high blood pressure and diabetes has nothing to do with being poor financially. It mostly has to do with making poor eating choices.
That's on you, not on the white racists. But I am sure that's somehow the white peoples fault also.

And if it's hard financially to keep the lights on, you should really be evaluating where you are at in life, and draw your conclusions.