Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn Dunlop

Default Shawn Dunlop

Wish the system would hurry up and get this predator (PEDOPHILE ALERT!!!!) off the streets.
    Sault man faces six sex charges involving boys

Shawn Dunlop forgets his name

Shawn Dunlop accused of hanging with little friends

Saultite charged with sexual assault, indecent exposure

There have also been articles on him in the Sault Star.

Sault man under house arrest faces more sex charges; Sentenced Wednesday, arrested Thursday and again Friday

Man charged with breach of recognizance

Disabled man gets house arrest on sex charges

I have no issues with persons with mental disabilities at all, but when they are a danger to society, lock 'em up like you would with someone that declares innocence of a murder due to insanity, etc. I know a couple of the kids personally that have been affected by this monster.

Get this pedophile off the streets!

Default Re: Shawn Dunlop

So let me guess he has cancer and thinks he can do what the hell he wants as he maybe dying anyways.

Well news flash, your going to go to jail sooner or later if we as a city have anythng to do with it.

Who the hell in their right mind = "The judge" would allow this guy to be out on the streets. He can be in jail and have his treatments there or whatever he needs done without being a menace to society.

I don't know alot about the law, but why isen't his surety also held accountable.
    His lawyer also states that he has the mentality of an 8 year old.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So let me guess he has cancer and thinks he can do what the hell he wants as he maybe dying anyways. </div></div>

no, he is mentaly disabled. very big difference here.
    Granted he should not be on the streets... Where are his parents? family? workers?
    terrible, I almost in a way feel bad for him as well he should have support not be tossed out into an apartment and forgotten [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Simba

Mentally disabilities are not a justification for a crime.

Ontario Court Justice Wayne Cohen was told the matter had taken time to come to court because Dunlop has been undergoing cancer treatment.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisp...nda+Richardson

Posted 5 days ago

yes and he has disabilites, so what, don't we all in some shape or form?

Also his disability can factor his hinderance of a sexual nature, so why not order a casteration.

He has been told and told and charged and charged... how many times does he need to be told and charged ????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ontario Court Justice Wayne Cohen was told the matter had taken time to come to court because Dunlop has been undergoing cancer treatment.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisp...nda+Richardson

Posted 5 days ago

yes and he has disabilites, so what, don't we all in some shape or form?

Also his disability can factor his hinderance of a sexual nature, so why not order a casteration.

He has been told and told and charged and charged... how many times does he need to be told and charged ????

</div></div>

Casteration doesn't take the urges away.

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

This is very disturbing! He should not be on the streets or the courts should have figured away to have him supervised, whether it be a family member or however. The safety of children should come before anything and in this case the courts have failed them on more than one occasion.

Where are the parents of these children? How can you not know, or better still how can your kids not know that where they were was wrong? Were they abducted? No.

Parents need to start accepting responsibility for their children. They are as much to blame as he is.
    http://www.soonet.ca/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2505&dateline=1237036  541

Guru Power Poster

Crusty, you said what I was thinking.

he has done it in the past before, and i was not surprized he did it again and got charged this time.
    Xbox 360 = EPIC FAILURE

I'm sure this thread will be soon gone cause the guys pic is posted lol.

Hasn't he worked at one of the call centres in the past?

Apparently he has some cognative disabilities, he should be in a supervised situation. If his disabilites are as discribed by his lawyer - saying he has the mentality of an 8 year old, why is he living alone in an appartment? He should be in a group home or some other form of supervised situation No?
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Chaotic Chick

Mentally disabled or not, after what he did to MY family as well as the families of friends, I would love to see him rot in jail. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

CC I'm sorry. I didn't mean that he shouldn't be jailed at all. I think all pedophiles should be put away for really really long times and should be in General population.

I meant that based on what the lawyers are saying he should Never have been living on his own to begin with.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

While I don't condone what he has done, odds are the guy was probably sexually abused as a child himself and with his mental impairments doesn't understand that this is not OK. He should be residing in a group home and under constant supervision, not living on his own.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

This is just sickening that it keeps happening again and again.

The problem is: With a person having mental illness, our dear government and laws fail to MAKE people like this live in a supervised location and fails to PAY for them to live there. I can just imagine the cost of having anyone like this supervised 24/7
    What happens when the family can't afford to pay for a supervised environment?

These people just go out and offend again. Our government needs to realize the need, and accept the cost of housing such a person, for the protection of the innocent.

The sad thing about mental illness, you have to be totally off your rocker to even get a few days help down at Riverview.

A few years back, a friend of mine felt suicidal, and they turned him away. Only after he DID attempt suicide, did they find a place for him. How's that for our mental health system?

Without prey ... a preditor starves.

"Teach your children well" ...

yes I'll give credit where credit is due.

Graham Nash
    http://www.soonet.ca/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2505&dateline=1237036  541

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DogsRule</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure this thread will be soon gone cause the guys pic is posted lol.

Hasn't he worked at one of the call centres in the past? </div></div>

Obviously the pic's been removed. Too bad, I'd like to have seen it to be aware. Any chance this is the guy with glasses who hangs out down at John Rhodes at the pool viewing area?

Society should have the right to see pictures of those ppl whom are like this. This way we can be well aware whom is whom and keep our children away from such individuals.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information