Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Tire 4 Wheelers

Default Canadian Tire 4 Wheelers

I'm thinking of buying the 250 Baja Wilderness at Canadian Tire,does anyone have one ,what are your thoughts on them? thanks

Default Re: Canadian Tire 4 Wheelers

no good.

Rm, my uncles friend has one and he said with moderate riding, it is perfect. It isn't a machine to go rough riding, but just for casual riding and moderate work load, it is fantastic.

He has had it for 2-3 years now.

I don't believe for a minute that the quality is the same as even a machine of the same make bought somewhere else.

When a big company calls up and says "We want x thousand machines", there is no way the same care is taken to build them.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

They're pretty good. It's pretty much a Yamaha in disguise. The company that makes them supplies yamaha with most of their OEM engines and some other parts. I've only heard good things about them.

Of course if you know you're going to be hard on it, you get what you pay for. They're not as durable as name brands like polaris or suzuki but still great machines

Guru Power Poster

Your much better to go second hand. A old Yamaha 250 moto4 in decedent shape will sell for $1200-$1500 and last much longer.

My friend bought a 91 200cc Honda 4 wheeler for $1500 and I have no doubt it will out last any new Chinese ATV . Plus you pay only one tax.

I sold a high mileage 89 350 4wd Yamaha Bigbear that always runs like a top to a friend of mine last year for $2000. I.m just scared he will have to tow out my new ATV one day. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif[/img]
    If you wish to go quickly, go alone. If you wish to go far, go together.

Becoming a Regular Here

If you buy a used Yamaha or Honda or Suzuki say for $1500 or $2000 even if it's late 80's or early 90's you will always be able to sell it for what you paid for it. To resell the Baja if it is not a desirealble bike for you after would be a tough job to do.

bump

Becoming a Regular Here

definatly not a good investment as i am told. Not good for rough terrain or riding... Not a good resale value on them, I was also told they break down more then they are running. Go with an old Suzuki, Honda, Polaris and so on. you will get your moneys worth.
    for example Honda 350 for sale
    yeah it maybe $2000 for an older machine, but i can almost guarantee that it will run alot longer and be able to handle alot more then a $2000 dollar brand new machine would... Just my $.02

Apparently, it's hard to get replacement parts for them. Like spark plugs etc. At least, that's what a co-worker told me.

J*B

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking of buying the 250 Baja Wilderness at Canadian Tire,does anyone have one ,what are your thoughts on them? thanks </div></div>

How much do these sell for ?

Becoming a Regular Here

I think they are usually around $2999. or $2499. or something like that.

Becoming a Regular Here

Buy a new Bruin or similar if you just want a bike to get by. They sell them at the Yamaha store for just over $5000. I think if your gonna spend $2999 you might as well go for $5000 and get something worthy of the cash.

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gearjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they are usually around $2999. or $2499. or something like that. </div></div>

You can get a near new 05-07 used 250 2wd name brand across the river for that now.

A brand new 250 Suzuki Ozark is $3500 in the Michigan.

Esquire Honda wants $7800 for a New 420 4x4 Rancher and the sell for $5300 in the States. Honda told its US dealer not to sell to Canadians but there used stock bypasses that clause,plus used is a better deal yet again.
    If you wish to go quickly, go alone. If you wish to go far, go together.

J*B

This was posted on Sootoday earlier.. He didn't mention where this "service center" was though.

Canadian Tire 4 Wheeler 10/31/2007
    Beware Buyers !!!

These bikes are junk. I baught the 90cc Baja Quad bike for my son on Saturday and the motor siezed after 10 minutes of easy riding. What they DON"T tell you at CT is, "YOU CANT RETURN IT" if it breaks. You have to take it to a service center and "IF" they can find the reason it blew up, they "MIGHT" replace or repair the unit.

Just another AZZRAPE for the little people I guess.

Posted in: Recreational Vehicles
    Report This Ad By: PeterPinkLungs

Yah i'd watch out for those bikes...MFC arent any better....but try the MANCO up at the TSC store on great northern road, they are way better built, you can get parts online in 1-2 days, as well as they have polaris frames, yamaha engines and they are decently built for the price....but if you choose to go used, buyer beware as well, if something goes on them, usually boots, u-joints etc etc ...you cant buy just u-joints separately...you have to buy the whole axles for 200$ or more....so anyway you slice it, if you cant do the work yourself...your looking at hefty repair bills!!....do the research 1st....i'm currently looking at purchasing a 4x4 as well, so far the prices have come down this year about 2000$ for the yamaha's....polaris. same but the states is cheaper but watch out because you may not be able to licence them here in canada either, that has happened but i'm not sure of the exact reason why this person could not get a licence for the bike...its been about a year now...anyways...good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was posted on Sootoday earlier.. He didn't mention where this "service center" was though.

Canadian Tire 4 Wheeler 10/31/2007
    Beware Buyers !!!

These bikes are junk. I baught the 90cc Baja Quad bike for my son on Saturday and the motor siezed after 10 minutes of easy riding. What they DON"T tell you at CT is, "YOU CANT RETURN IT" if it breaks. You have to take it to a service center and "IF" they can find the reason it blew up, they "MIGHT" replace or repair the unit.

Just another AZZRAPE for the little people I guess.

Posted in: Recreational Vehicles
    Report This Ad By: PeterPinkLungs </div></div>

yah but was the bike filled with oil first?....cuz sometimes thats the owners responsibility, and if he wasnt aware to fill it up, its his own fault....the only way that bike would sieze is to have no oil.

I'm pretty sure that all you need is a mailbox # or postal code to buy a bike in the states....you just have to open a mail box thingy....what ever its called and i'm pretty sure you can bring one over....check into it 1st though

J*B

Who knows, if anyone starts a new bike without checking the oil they deserve what they get!
    That's not the only reason why a new bike would seize, could have been a defective part that let go, not even necessarily on the top end, but I'm sure we'll hear about it if it's not covered [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

i think the guy should have been told there is no oil in the crankcase b 4 hand.
    That's what she said !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information