Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good indoor plants

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

Default Good indoor plants

I'm new to gardening of any kind but I'm looking for indoor flowering plants. I also want some unique and different plants. Any suggestions on what to get? Also where is a good place to get indoor plants....Walmart has a not so good selection.

Default Re: Good indoor plants

im not too good with indoor, but ive had the same christmas cactus for 16 years now. it blooms once a year.

I've got alot of indoor flowering plants. All of mine are actually the "annuals" that you can put outside in a planter because they are not for our zone, and winter kills them out. Impatiens (sp) are gorgeous, they practically flower all year long for me. You can get them in a variety of colours. They grow super fast, so I'm constantly trimming them back.
    I usually order from a place called Vessey's. I get their catalogue every season. Their plants are all guaranteed. But, I don't think they'd be very cheap if you just order a little from them. But, getting their catalogues helps me decide which plants I like and am interested in.

I find that most of the "tropical" trees and plants are really hard to grow for me indoors. I've had much better success with the basic annuals. They require more watering, but are easy to maintain. Just give em a sunny window, and you'll have colour practically all year long.

now, isnt that interesting! this time of year then you could take all kinds of cuttings - wouldnt even have to buy any plants. i know impatients grow so easy from cuttings, so do wave petunia and geranium and coleus. which i have several of if you want some cuttings from mine.

home depot has an area of indoor plants.

Kitca: I would love to have some clipping of impatients (I call be buzzy lizzies). Would have any with double flowers? Mine outside died (I think from the dog). I would also like to try growing coleus (sp). Are they as easy as lizzies?
    Time is a great teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

genny, sorry, the coleus and impatience have died from the frost. i told amdwolfman that since the geraniums are so hardy they are still surviving. the purple millet grass is still alive too, i dont know what it would be like brought inside though.

the impatients were just white singles.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information