Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Entrances to our City

Default Entrances to our City

Having traveled a fair bit down south, I've got to wonder why our city's welcome signs are so crappy. Compare them to anywhere else they have a real sign that is landscaped very nicely, compared to our 'billboard'.

what do you think?

Below are some examples

Default Re: Entrances to our City

I agree 100%. We need something bigger and better that says we are proud to be here!
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

Even Echo bay and Wawa have a better greeting [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] People stop and take pictures of those! LOL

How many pictures have you seen someone standing beside Good Ole Sault Ste. Marie sign?

blame the city council for that...they don't seem to care how the city looks ...just look at the garbage all over the place..specially downtown looks like a dump

They tend to hire attractive females to water the garden/ashtrays downtown!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They tend to hire attractive females to water the garden/ashtrays downtown! </div></div>

I wouldn't know I don't go to that ghetto unless I have to and thats not very often.

We actually have a downtown?

I thought it was a location of cardboard boxes piled up to look like buildings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We actually have a downtown? </div></div>

yep ..there is one street lined with cigarette butts, run down buildings and garbage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We actually have a downtown? </div></div>

yep ..there is one street lined with cigarette butts, run down buildings and garbage.</div></div>

Oh that place, ok i just was making sure we were talking about the same area.

wow.. you guys always sound like old grumpy men sitting on the porch in the morning cursing the sun for rising..

Wheres that dang sun, sonny boy eh?

Simba

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">blame the city council for that...they don't seem to care how the city looks ...just look at the garbage all over the place..specially downtown looks like a dump </div></div>

I have to agree with Macs.

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

I have to laugh at Bay Street sometimes. The brewery looks like a dump and the old tank farm site looks like terrible. It actually looked better when all the tanks were there 30 years ago. I am surprised they wouldnt put at least a gas station that is open 24 hours a day since most americans travel down this street.

small town and small budget but nice entrance to the city/town
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

Very good idea 6th and i think it was talked about a few years ago, but the cost of cleaning up that place would be to expensive and that is why nobody has done a dang thing about it.

I agree they should have something like a Gas Station 24/7 there and maybe a mini variety store mall as well.

Simba

The customs building on our side needs some upgrading too. It is so old and those blinds in the window look like half of them are broken and bent all to hell. It looks messy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The customs building on our side needs some upgrading too. It is so old and those blinds in the window look like half of them are broken and bent all to hell. It looks messy. </div></div>

Yes i noticed that as well about the blinds and the bulding is very old. This represents or looks like a poor country or town when travallers come in to it.

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

I know a lot of people dont agree with this but I would hand the old brewery to Steelback and renovate that place and make it a bar/micro brewery. Pretty sad when a guy from out of town puts money in the Sault for the arena and yes I know he is wealthy but sometimes I see him doing more in this town than people who actually live here,lol

Simba

I agree

I personally love a lot of the old buildings! I love taking pictures of them.
    Some need to come down for sure but a lot of them could be restored.
    There has to be historial budget somewhere the city could tap into. This is one of the oldest city's in canada.
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information