Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Meet My New Friend

Guru Power Poster

Default Re: Meet My New Friend

JMO, but they're useless unless you just want to teach your dog to sit...or if you want it to be scared into sitting for you.
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

oooohhhh....he's gorgeous! We almost got one a few years ago, he was black, almost three years old and HUGE!!! We went to visit him and just listening to him come down the stairs sounded like thunder, he was so friggin adorable!!! Just a big lovable puppy that loved attention, but he was too big for his britches so to speak, didn't realize his size yet...kinda like a bull in a china shop kinda thing. Gentle and very affectionate. Beautiful breed...congrats!! I LOVE them!!!
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

BTW...we didn't get him as his owners couldn't bear to part with him, they ended up moving out to the country to give him the space he needed and that way they could keep him.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

Thanks for the compliments people. Xzavia, thats too bad you didn't get him, but also at 3 years of age already I am not so sure it would have been a good idea and probably better that the owner kept him. It sounds like the owner socialized him and trained him properly. Corso's tend to be very aggressive if not brought up correctly. I am still thinking about whop to get my dog trained. Ifd anyone knows how to get a hold of Rita let me know. I here she's pretty good.

J*B

Hey M, if you are talking about Rita Valiquette she is in the book, I believe she still lives on Trunk road.

Hey last...we've been fighting the flu here since Friday (now I've got it lol). I'll send you more info when I'm feeling better!

Just bumping this thread to see how the last few years have been with your Cane Corso. I am presently looking into getting one as well and would love to here any stories or tips you may have. Thanks in advance.

Banned

yes im interested to see how things are going with him as well, he is beautiful, and one more thing do you really need 6 remotes..lmao..have you down graded yet?..lol just joking..lol.

he's had a second one, a female, I think a few months in age apart, He's kept them in daily, extended contact with a number of other dogs and are both quite playful, Neither one has gotten into any real problems other than normal results of rough housing and don't seem to need any more watchfulness or correction than any other dog. They are far from shy about approaching other dogs or people and haven't displayed any anxiety over strangers approaching them or the owner. they are extremely energetic, playful and will run around the island non stop with others. Like I say though these dogs have been around lots of people and dogs since the get go, quite impressive actually considering the owner is so mellow lol.
    If you lend someone $20 and never see them again, It was probably worth the 20

I have not posted here in quite a number of years 2007, and the last replies were in 2009. I should have kept you guys up to date.

My boy Coraggio passed away yesterday morning around 10:45 am February 22 2016 just over 8 1/2 years old. Born July 11 2007 both Coraggio and Roma (brother and sister). He always wanted to be close to me. He suffered an apparent heart failure.

I took them to the new dog park for the first time beside the Humane Society just a few days ago. A friend was there with his dog so I thought I would stop in and let my dogs out. They had a great time.

Coraggio was my first dog with Roma to follow him 2 or 3 months later. They were purchased from Bella Conbrio in Minnesota. They wanted to get Roma in a house soon as possible. She was the last one of the litter. Her picture was adorable and the price was great. I also got Roma as a companion for Coraggio. They were always together, inseparable.

The breed has a life expectancy of 10-11 years. Coraggio went out on me a little earlier than I would have liked. I will miss him dearly.

Most of my pictures of the dogs were from earlier in their life from months to 4 years old on an SD card at the house. I was thinking the other day I don't have much for later pictures and I should get some. Time ran out on me. I will post 3 or 4 in my next post. It is a very sad day for me and Roma.
    Last edited by *LastRide*; 12-24-2016 at 08:35 AM.

I tried to make the pictures small. Hopefully you guys with slower internet service don't have a problem.

Coraggio on his bed. Picture taken 2 or 3 months ago

Around the same time 2 or 3 months ago.

Picture taken about 2 years ago.

I may have posted these before but no longer show in my first post. Dogs maybe a year old.

Sorry to hear .

I wanted to inform everyone my baby girl Roma has passed on to the Rainbow Bridge along with her brother on December 21 probably shortly after 10pm. Ten months after her brother. She wanted outside around 10pm and when I noticed she wasn't back at the door longer than normal I feared the worst and found her on the side of the driveway at 3am December 22. It appears she had passed not long after letting her out. I am guessing heart failure like her brother common in these large breeds.

I am still trying to get over the loss of Coraggio 10 months ago. It will be very hard not having them around any longer as I sit here alone once again thinking of them. Words can't describe the joy and happiness the 2 dogs brought me. I would do it all over again.Both will be dearly missed. It has been a sad year.

Picture of Roma looking and waiting for her brother shortly after his passing.

Last edited by *LastRide*; 12-24-2016 at 11:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information