Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's All Abooot Me, Me, Me!!

Wrote enough to form half the internet.

Default It's All Abooot Me, Me, Me!!

"We wake up, take a shower, brush our teeth and flush the toilet every day, likely without even thinking about the precious resource right at our fingertips.

We grab a bottle of water or walk the streets of Toronto and pass such businesses as the WaterShoppe, a store that sells bottled water. At the WaterShoppe, you can buy water imported from France in a bottle embellished with Swarovski crystals. The reality elsewhere in the world is flagrantly different.

According to World Water Council data, 1.1 billion people worldwide do not have access to safe drinking water. Moreover, by 2025, around 3.5 billion people will inhabit an area where water is scarce or becoming scarce.

"I don't understand how we, in countries like Canada, can waste resources without thinking about those who do not even have access to these resources," says Tami Shum, a Grade 12 student at Langstaff Secondary School in Richmond Hill, who is also head of the environmental club."

LINK

Default Re: It's All Abooot Me, Me, Me!!

That is correct : "in countries like Canada".
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Hans, you know well that there are more people in Canada, than the states!

And you also know that all these people drink more bottle water than the states as well!

Yes, you are correct. What was I thinking!
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

According to the article, there is more water used to produce these bottles of water, than the contents of the bottle!

It says we can buy water imported from France. So why isn't France taking the initiative and bottling for underdeveloped countries?

Speedy can point out, that compared to the States, Canada is underdeveloped, so why doens't the states give us free gas and water?

Right on! :-)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information