Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: allergy test!!

hp2

Default allergy test!!

Has any of you had this done!! what is involved, to they hurt? I have done some reading!! it seems as every time I turn around our daughter is having a reaction, such as last night. It just so happens I always have benydrl sp here as My hubby needs it for bee stings!! sooo I gave half pill to my daughter last night as she had sever reaction to something we had on the supper table and thats been on there in the past many many times!! sooooo it was really kinda weird, I ended up I took her down to the er!! well the dr there has advised me being what she is allergic to and she keeps having these reactions, ID better get her one!!

she is only 6 and im scared for my little peanut!!

thanks

Becoming a Regular Here

Default Re: allergy test!!

My daughter had an allergy test done when she was around 5. She had the one where she had to lay down on her stomach and they did the scratches and then put the drops of whatever she could possibly be allergic to on them. No needles just surface scratches. I can't remember if there was any food ones done because hers was mainly for environmental like dust, hair, pollen, etc. Lets say she is usually afraid of these things but she was okay surprisingly. Maybe it would put you at ease if you called the doctor and asked what was involved for your kind of test. Forgot to add the scratches were done on her back.

hp2

Thanks runner!! That is my plans to call the dr but hes outa town till next week, so I wanted some opionions on it!!! is all, thank you for your kind post!!

I had it done several years ago. It was the same thing that runner's daughter had done. They scratched me with a razor blade. It didn't hurt just itched. The amount of scratches that you get is based on how many things you are tested for. The Dr watches for reactions to each scratch. Like i said it did not hurt just itched.

My daughter had the scratch test done when she was around 5 and giggled through the whole thing, she said it tickeled. She didn't have any food testing done though.

Your nephew had the same allergy test done as most others here. Ten scratches on his back, two rows of five with a blade..just enough to scratch the surface of the skin. Drop different liquid on each scratch then wait 10 - 20 minutes and see which one have a reaction if any. Some showed reactions within minutes, others showed none at all. If she has a severe reaction they do have benadryl on hand to administer right away. This test will help narrow it down to just what kind of substance she's allergic to, and they may have to perform more tests later if they can't pin-point exactly what sets it off.

Jess complained mostly of it being itchy, and you are told NOT to scratch it, no matter what..don't want any stuff from one scratch crossing into another. Our Dr. referred us to Dr. Zufelt to have it done, probably will with you if that's the case. He's great at explaining everything and answering any questions.

Remind me to show you Jess's back sometime, and you'll see what they do as he still has his marks.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

hp2

Thanks!! between Dr N and the eperinephrine(sp) and the reaction she had the other night with whats already on her chart they are talking about sending her to dr MASE (sp) sooooo I dunno, I like Zufelt though~ but when I was in to see Dr C, last time he mentioned Dr Mase to!! IM just scared for her is all, being they think its a spice that triggers the food one!! I just say THANK GOD ITS NOT PEANUTS!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information