Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: poor hockey players

Default poor hockey players

a

GRUMPY

Default Re: poor hockey players

Sorry but the trouble with the Makemelaughs has nothing to do with the clowns on the ice as much as the clowns in the office. Who was it that put this current bunch of losers together (as compared to previous bunches of losers)? As long as the seats are full nothing will change. But on another note why was this posted here and not in the sports section?

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

There is no hope for the most conceited franchise in the NHL...

I keep telling the other half to show me a picture, TAKEN IN COLOUR, of the Leafs winning the cup, and I'll change my tune about them.

Now that the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan controls the Leafs, I fear that they will never see another cup and will be lucky to make it past the first round of the playoffs. Just like with Ballard, the emphasis for this ownership will be wringing every last dime out of the club. It's an investment, not a hockey team.

GRUMPY

Isn't that what they all are or at least try to be? Why would you spend more to get talent if you are already selling out with the bums you have, it doesn't make any business sense to.

The Leafs refuse to rebuild.They continually try to add to what they have instead of starting from scratch.
    Every GM that comes in inherits someone elses mess and tries to make it work with a few desparate signings.
    Many of the more sucessful franchises have rebuilt and developed a winning club that they firmly understand the chemistry through the rebuilding process. This makes additions to an existing club much easier and more sucessful.

When Toronto stops bowing to media and fan pressure they might decide to do the right thing.No matter the product they put on the ice they will sell tickets.Why not a hungry young club who'll play their heart out with or without the 2 points.It can't be any worse than what they're doing now.The difference will be the hope that they might develop into a winning club rather than the disappointment we've accepted year after year.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Someone new has to step in before the season is over and dump salary. Usually the best time is around trade deadline when other teams in the league are desperately looking for talent before the playoffs. I use the term talent loosely as I am talking about the Leafs here,lol....

Do we not have a sport section anymore? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

Ye it's right here/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information