Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sinus Infection?

Default Sinus Infection?

I go tomorrow morning to see the Dr. so that's covered. I'm thinking it's a sinus infection since I can't shake that feeling that I'm stuffed up for the past five days but my face feels like it's starting to puff on the one side near on the edge of my eye socket.
    Tylenol is no longer helping and I won't take anything stronger.

Any input is appreciated since this is a first. I'd like to know if there is anything worse to expect and how long/how to deal with it other than what the Dr. is going to say. I guess I'm just hoping someone out there has a home help suggestion.

I feel pretty lousy and just want it to go away [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Default Re: Sinus Infection?

I know how you feel. My wife has been driven nuts with one for the last month or so.

Try Ibuprophen for the pain and sinutab for the symptoms.
    Ask the Doc to prescribe Zythromax. And for your best interest stay away from the walk in clinic.
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

J*B

A dose of antibiotics will have you back to normal in a week or two..

Get a small glass of warm water(maybe 2 or 3 ounces of water), add @ 1/8 teaspoon of salt, mix it up well and snort it up each nostril. Do this twice in each nostril. It'll burn like an S O B (if you have an infection) but trust me, it does work quite well. No, I'm not kidding about this either!
    It's time to pay

Got my antibiotics today, thankfully the Doctor was pretty good about it. I wanted to smack him when he tapped my face, hurt like a btch.

I'll have to get the nerve up to inhale liquid up my nose DeMoN, but I may give it a shot or snort.

I feel like someone punched me in my eye sockets and I didn't get to hit them back.

We put a humidifier in the house just in case the air was too dry, but it hasn't helped my sinuses. But certainly does wonders for the dry skin.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

J*B

Snorting salt water, not recommended!.. Lmao

Here's another thought for ya... boil a kettle full of water, pour it in an older pot, add a small amount of vicks, stick your face over the pot, cover both with a towel(make a "tent") and breathe slowly through your nose for ten minutes. (or done lol sounds like a recipe)
    gah...salt water is nothin...try snortin a capful of J.D. now thats pain [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif[/img]
    It's time to pay

Is there no home remedies where you actually just drink the booze? Lmao

Snorting the salt water havent heard of that exactly, but yes defintely make some salt water and if you tip your head over a sink for example and poor it into one nostril the salt water is used to break up the sinus congestion and will come out your other nostril. Ive tried it. It works and it does not hurt at all. I also try not to use antibiotics or any other sinus medication as it only dries it up, not really curing it or getting rid of it. You can also buy one of those (something) pot's at the wellness store, cant remember the name of it!

Thanks for the suggestion, it's called a neti pot, just looked it up. Sounds like a good idea. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow as the Country Way just closed.

I have to take the antibiotics because I cannot risk infection as I end up in the hospital for even minor ones. I'm not exactly a healthy puppy otherwise I would avoid them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information